What is the main difference between...

MatthewGavin

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
the 830 and the Icon or the 930(since they are the same)? I know the processor is better on the Icon and the amount of RAM are different, but what are the major differences? I am trying to decide which phone I would purchase when the 830 comes to the market.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Icon and 930 are almost identical.

Icon Verizon exclusive (but unlocked) 32Gb, black and white.

930 Unlocked, 4 colors, 16 & 32Gb (I think). So your options narrow down to 930 (better choice) & 830..

I'll let someone take it from here and tell you what's the difference between them.. I only know the camera on one is 20mp and 10 on the other

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Camera
Icon: 20+MP
830: 10+MP

Display:
Icon: FullHD
830: HD

Storage:
Icon: 32GB
830: 16GB + up to 128GB removable storage via MicroSD

Battery:
830: 2200 mAh
Icon: 2420 mAh

My two cents: Both are great phones but I think the 830 is more practical.. Removable storage, almost the same battery size but the 830 has lesser pixels to light up so it will probably be more battery efficient than the 930, 10MP camera is really nice for everyday use

If you want the Icon, I must say just get the 1520 since specs are the same but the 1520 has a much better battery life and removable storage.. But if you don't need the extra storage, the Icon will suffice. I really like the design of the Icon.

MatthewGavin

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Camera
Icon: 20+MP
830: 10+MP

Display:
Icon: FullHD
830: HD

Storage:
Icon: 32GB
830: 16GB + up to 128GB removable storage via MicroSD

Battery:
830: 2200 mAh
Icon: 2420 mAh

My two cents: Both are great phones but I think the 830 is more practical.. Removable storage, almost the same battery size but the 830 has lesser pixels to light up so it will probably be more battery efficient than the 930, 10MP camera is really nice for everyday use

If you want the Icon, I must say just get the 1520 since specs are the same but the 1520 has a much better battery life and removable storage.. But if you don't need the extra storage, the Icon will suffice. I really like the design of the Icon.

Do you think I will really see a difference between the FullHD and the HD screens on the phones?

I do not play games on my phone. I mainly text, tweet, read emails, listen to music, and watch some videos.

Does an unlocked 930 work in the states? I have ATT, and am not sure I want to switch to Verizon for the Icon.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you think I will really see a difference between the FullHD and the HD screens on the phones?

I do not play games on my phone. I mainly text, tweet, read emails, listen to music, and watch some videos.

Does an unlocked 930 work in the states? I have ATT, and am not sure I want to switch to Verizon for the Icon.

Depends on the screen technology. Both have high pixels per inch but for me, both will be good looking screens in your eyes.

The 830 has IPS (the same with the 920), the 930 has AMOLED. The 930 will be more crisper and eye popping because of AMOLED (probably better looking too if saturated screens are what you're into). The 830 on the other hand will have more accurate colors. So what do you prefer? Saturated and crisper screen or a screen that shows better color accuracy?

With the screen, it's better to look at it in person.

I'm not sure if the 930 works in the States. If you're on ATT, why don't you try the 1520? If you haven't seen it in person, it's better to judge the size of the phone in person. I thought the 1520 is HUGE when I saw it but now, I think it's perfect.

Also, I think the Icon can be bought unlocked on Verizon. Try reading these threads:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/305356-verizon-lumia-icon-unlocked.html

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-icon/263667-icon-unlocked-will-work-t-mobile-lte.html

MatthewGavin

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a few friends with the Note 3 and I feel they are huge phones. I have never really played and used the phones. I see my friends using them and I always think they are very large.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa