How do I turn off ALL the sounds?

Roofman99

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I am using a Nokia Lumia 635 mobile phone, and have downloaded an app to allow me to record speech etc, my main use would be at committee meetings.
How can I ensure that my phone does not make any sounds whilst doing this?

A one action to stop all would be great. I have tried turning the volume down to zero , but still rings when someone phones me/emails or text message arrives.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

rizzo183

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Since you're using a Lumia 635, you must be on WP8.1.

So just tap the volume rocker button (either up or down) and set both volumes (system and apps) to zero. Or just tap the icons on the left of the sliders to quickly silent them.

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Since you're using a Lumia 635, you must be on WP8.1.

So just tap the volume rocker button (either up or down) and set both volumes (system and apps) to zero. Or just tap the icons on the left of the sliders to quickly silent them.

Yeah, that's it. Press either up or down on the volume rocker, then tap the down arrow in the dropdown, then tap the bell and the musical note.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
How about setting up Quiet Hours? Just set it up and you wont get any sound, even you can customize it for calls being barred during Quiet Hours.

Roofman99

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Your are correct, I have not yet set up Cortana, to be frank I am worried by so much linking together with all my email addresses already and worried this will do the same.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Nope, Cortana does not require linking up your emails. All you need to do is to set your phone region to US and language as US-English to get Cortana - Beta. Once done, you can find Quiet Hours in Setting and customize it per your needs. Once set up(Quiet Hours), you can go to Settings--> Notifications+Actions and select Quiet Hours on any of Quick Action tab. This way, you should be able to launch it anytime by just swiping down the notification center and enabling the Quiet Hours action tab.

memmerp

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I think the easiest thing to do is just use airplane mode, mainly because it turns off the outside world and you won't fuss with your phone. to set up one-press action into airplane mode, just go to settings, notifications and actions, and then you see the four square buttons that will be located in your notification drawer. Just make sure one of those has the airplane mode icon and exit back to the home screen. Now when you go to class, swipe down and press the airplane icon and your set. Now of course if you have a lot of reminders going off at that time or alarms set during that class, they will sound off ( not sure why you would have those set during a meeting though) To me that would be the easiest, unless you need phone access during your meeting, then just go with quiet hours. Make sure you turn it back off when you leave your meeting, otherwise no phone calls-no data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786