I am using a Nokia Lumia 635 mobile phone, and have downloaded an app to allow me to record speech etc, my main use would be at committee meetings.
    How can I ensure that my phone does not make any sounds whilst doing this?

A one action to stop all would be great. I have tried turning the volume down to zero , but still rings when someone phones me/emails or text message arrives.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    09-11-2014 10:15 AM
    Since you're using a Lumia 635, you must be on WP8.1.

So just tap the volume rocker button (either up or down) and set both volumes (system and apps) to zero. Or just tap the icons on the left of the sliders to quickly silent them.
    Roofman99 and xandros9 like this.
    09-11-2014 10:24 AM
    Since you're using a Lumia 635, you must be on WP8.1.

So just tap the volume rocker button (either up or down) and set both volumes (system and apps) to zero. Or just tap the icons on the left of the sliders to quickly silent them.
    Yeah, that's it. Press either up or down on the volume rocker, then tap the down arrow in the dropdown, then tap the bell and the musical note.
    Roofman99 likes this.
    09-11-2014 10:45 AM
    Many thanks, rizzo183 It worked fine, thanks to AndyM72 also. All sorted.
    09-11-2014 01:53 PM
    How about setting up Quiet Hours? Just set it up and you wont get any sound, even you can customize it for calls being barred during Quiet Hours.
    Roofman99 likes this.
    09-11-2014 02:01 PM
    Thanks Ashish, I was not aware of this function, I will see if I can find that as a further option.
    Many thanks
    09-19-2014 12:37 PM
    Thanks Ashish, I was not aware of this function, I will see if I can find that as a further option.
    Many thanks
    np, Roofman99:-)
    Just to let you know, you will find Quiet Hours in Settings menu once Cortana is enabled. I am not sure if you already have done it and if not, please check following thread:
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/cor...tup-guide.html
    Roofman99 likes this.
    09-19-2014 12:49 PM
    Your are correct, I have not yet set up Cortana, to be frank I am worried by so much linking together with all my email addresses already and worried this will do the same.
    09-19-2014 01:58 PM
    Nope, Cortana does not require linking up your emails. All you need to do is to set your phone region to US and language as US-English to get Cortana - Beta. Once done, you can find Quiet Hours in Setting and customize it per your needs. Once set up(Quiet Hours), you can go to Settings--> Notifications+Actions and select Quiet Hours on any of Quick Action tab. This way, you should be able to launch it anytime by just swiping down the notification center and enabling the Quiet Hours action tab.
    Roofman99 likes this.
    09-19-2014 02:21 PM
    Thanks Ashish, I will give it a go at some time over this weekend.
    Ashish Gupta888 likes this.
    09-19-2014 02:42 PM
    I think the easiest thing to do is just use airplane mode, mainly because it turns off the outside world and you won't fuss with your phone. to set up one-press action into airplane mode, just go to settings, notifications and actions, and then you see the four square buttons that will be located in your notification drawer. Just make sure one of those has the airplane mode icon and exit back to the home screen. Now when you go to class, swipe down and press the airplane icon and your set. Now of course if you have a lot of reminders going off at that time or alarms set during that class, they will sound off ( not sure why you would have those set during a meeting though) To me that would be the easiest, unless you need phone access during your meeting, then just go with quiet hours. Make sure you turn it back off when you leave your meeting, otherwise no phone calls-no data.
    Roofman99 likes this.
    09-21-2014 03:32 AM