Looking for infographic of a comparison of the Lumia 1520 and the iPhone 6(plus)

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone could create a quick infographic comparing the two devices mention in the title of the thread. Something that compares the features and price.

Not looking to bash apple but more curious to see how they stack up. I know I may sound biased but I'd prefer my Lumia especially based on price and expandable storage.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I personally love iOS & apple products, but lets face the facts. The new iPhone 6/6+ has only 1gb ram with a mere 8mp camera. These are the first phones with nfc, but does it have nfc sharing, Bluetooth sharing? No. Even there is no 32 Gb version of iPhone 6/6+, also the price of these phones will be sky rocketing, it will set a new price bar for smartphones. The battery of apple has always been a major problem for most of the people, because its battery capacity is always lower than Android /Windows. According to me, iPhone 6/6+ is a total disappointment. Also that's when it slightly looks similar to Lumia 925(except curved edges)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I personally love iOS & apple products, but lets face the facts. The new iPhone 6/6+ has only 1gb ram with a mere 8mp camera. These are the first phones with nfc, but does it have nfc sharing, Bluetooth sharing? No. Even there is no 32 Gb version of iPhone 6/6+, also the price of these phones will be sky rocketing, it will set a new price bar for smartphones. The battery of apple has always been a major problem for most of the people, because its battery capacity is always lower than Android /Windows. According to me, iPhone 6/6+ is a total disappointment. Also that's when it slightly looks similar to Lumia 925(except curved edges)

Apple products are not made for people who want to share over Bluetooth. That's a pretty old tech way of doing things. As for battery I have a L920. I don't think I have to say more.

Apple's pricing is the same as always. It's not changed and probably won't change unless they don't sell as much as they predict. People like their products.

Anyway this thread isn't about beating up on Apple it was about producing a graphic.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
The full comparison is yet to come but I could run down some of the essentials because specifications comparisons don't matter, really.

The iPhone 5S beat Lumia 1520 in performance, both real time and in benchmarks so I'm pretty sure iPhone 6 and 6 Plus will do the same. However since both devices run most apps laglessly the speed bump may not matter all that much.

The camera lens have been improved, and they are wider f2.2(wider than Lumia 1520's f2.4), plus they have much faster focusing, etc. This would essentially make the iPhone 6 the better point and shoot to some extent because it would take photos faster, but for those that need more detail in photos Lumia 1520 would be better.

The screens seem to be on par with each other, however Lumia 1520 does have Glance but a lower PPI than the iPhone 6 Plus(won't really matter).

iPhone works with the new Apple Watch, however Lumia 1520 probably won't work with the majority of smartwatches released this year.

Moving on, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus support 1080p 60 FPS capture and 240 FPS slow-mo capture whereas Lumia 1520 supports 4K(in the Denim update.) So it depends on whether you need a lot of detail in your videos, or you need to capture motion better.

The iPhone 5S supports more LTE bands and support for LTE-A(faster speeds).

I believe I've covered the essentials.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The full comparison is yet to come but I could run down some of the essentials because specifications comparisons don't matter, really.

I believe I've covered the essentials.

Funny, what you posted was basically a run down of specs, since most of your claims have not been tested. And you failed to mention that with the Denim update the 1520 will be able to take pictures quickly too, so you cant claim the iphone will make a better P&S. Also you fail to mention Qi charging and the microSD card slot, which is a huge advantage for some.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Funny, what you posted was basically a run down of specs, since most of your claims have not been tested. And you failed to mention that with the Denim update the 1520 will be able to take pictures quickly too, so you cant claim the iphone will make a better P&S. Also you fail to mention Qi charging and the microSD card slot, which is a huge advantage for some.

Yeah sorry I forgot to mention the SD card and wireless charging, that's a definite plus point of buying 1520.

IMO my comparison between the two was better than a regular specs comparison, anyone that solely looks at specs will be like "OMG 1520 HAS 2GB RAM AND QUAD CORE SO IT MUST BE FASTER"

That's not always the case. So I explained some things, briefly.

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Awesome that was quick!

I didnt know that Apple was using LTE-A cat4, usually they dont adopt new tech so quickly. Also nice to see that they have 802.11 AC in there as well.

salmanhmad, the functionality of the use of a wearable isnt necessarily a valid one. Wearables arent mainstream at the moment and should only be taken into account if you plan on buying one. Also your comments about the "P&S" abilities of the iPhone arent necessarily correct. Depending on what you type of subject you are shooting, yes a faster camera is generally a better choice but the Lumia 1520 is fast enough to take quick pics. I have two small kids that run around quite a bit and Ive taken a lot of pics of them with my "slower" camera that came out fine.

theefman, keep in mind Qi isnt available on all Lumia 1520's, AT&T's Lumia 1520 are neutered. I think you hit on a key spec, the SD card. It allows you to affordably expand your storage as needed. Apple's fixed storage solution and their on-contract pricing, scare me after my experience with my Lumia 1520 and Evo 4G. I picked up my 32GB card for like 23 bucks, small investment for storage IMO.

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
IMO my comparison between the two was better than a regular specs comparison, anyone that solely looks at specs will be like "OMG 1520 HAS 2GB RAM AND QUAD CORE SO IT MUST BE FASTER"

That's not always the case. So I explained some things, briefly.

We need real performance tests, I've seen some videos and sometines the Lumia 1520 load apps and games faster than iPhone 5S.

2GB of ram, believe it or not, is better then 1GB. Only if the 2GB are too slow compared to 1GB. And I think the next WP version will be more optimized to quad-core CPUs.

Plus, 1520 has SD card, it supports Miracast, wireless charging, better camera, and 802.11ac is in 1520 too and similar hardware for fitness (sensorcore).

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Specs is NO LONGER the considerations between iPhone and Windows Phones. Both are very efficient and well polished. Furthermore, iOS users don't really fancy those Android gimmicks. The losing point for WP is lack of apps. And by that, I mean lack of developer loves.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Specs is NO LONGER the considerations between iPhone and Windows Phones. Both are very efficient and well polished. Furthermore, iOS users don't really fancy those Android gimmicks. The losing point for WP is lack of apps. And by that, I mean lack of developer loves.

Don't bring Android into this. There are benefits of Android, other than what you describe as "gimmicks".

All mainstream operating systems be it iOS, Windows Phone or Android do not need beastly specifications anymore to run smoothly.

We need to base our decisions on other factors. Specifications wars are somewhat meaningless now.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Don't bring Android into this. There are benefits of Android, other than what you describe as "gimmicks".

All mainstream operating systems be it iOS, Windows Phone or Android do not need beastly specifications anymore to run smoothly.

We need to base our decisions on other factors. Specifications wars are somewhat meaningless now.

"Gimmicks" are only useful if you really use them. Just like iTunes. There are people who like it while lots of Android users condemn it. Android REALLY need lots of power to run smoothly, especially its apps! Every single apps out there stutters in one way or another. Is because of all those "useful" gimmicks which bottlenecks the OS.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
"Gimmicks" are only useful if you really use them. Just like iTunes. There are people who like it while lots of Android users condemn it. Android REALLY need lots of power to run smoothly, especially its apps! Every single apps out there stutters in one way or another. Is because of all those "useful" gimmicks which bottlenecks the OS.

You didn't understand what I meant to say.

Apart from what you describe as gimmick, there are hell lot of other advantages of Android over Windows Phone and iOS.

All three operating systems run very well even on low end hardware, go watch a Moto G, E or X review. The UI is buttery smooth, with most apps also being the same.

While a few apps may exist that stutter from time to time that it because of poor app development, not the fault of the OS.

dj4lyfe

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I got through my phases where I switch between all three operating systems. RIght now i'm on my WP kick and I really like windows phone. My first windows phone was a HTC trophy on verizon. I have used a 900, 1520(just gave to dad), and a 920(my daily driver). I have also used all of the iphones since the 3gs and I have to save the worst part of the iphone is the battery life. I used the 1520 for a month before I gave it to my dad and the battery life was outstanding. I would assume the 6/6+ will not have better battery life than its predecessors, but not anything close to the 1520. The thing I miss between using an Iphone and a WP device is the physical home button. I want something similar to touch ID on a WP device. I think Microsoft could drop the back and search buttons for a home button that works similar to the home button on an iphone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium