Terrible Phonedog review by BeauHD

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ny0n3

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone seen the reviews for both the Win HD and the Win Jr on Phonedog's YouTube channel? The reviewer is totally misinformed and biased. He mentions the WinHD as only having 2 cores and 512MB RAM. He also says there's no official Instagram just as he browses the store and the app can easily be seen. Amazing!

I already told the reviewer about this. He's @beauhd on twitter.

Here's the YouTube link: BLU Win HD Review! - YouTube

Watch and try not to freak out over the misinformed BS that review is all about.

First it was that woman from CNET who trashed the Lumia 1020, now this...

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Has Aaron left? He seemed to be the only one left with an unbiased view after Noah left.

Edit: just started to watch the vid, this guy looks like he's 5, is he old enough to own a WP?

anon(5348756)

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
That was so bad it was past laughable into cringe-inducing territory. Jittery? Please it looked fine on the video. Blacks not good enough? The lighting in that video was quite high and the screen looked perfectly fine. Instagram? Dude you JUST showed it like 3 seconds after mentioning it "doesn't exist". 512 ram? Seriously?

So stupid. This video should be ignored. Also, please come back into reviewing when you're more than 2 years old... unbelievable. Good job on catching this OP, it's truly embarrassing for PhoneDog.

4ny0n3

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tipped WPCentral about this? I made a tweet and tagged Daniel, Phonedog and some others, but nobody said anything.

4ny0n3

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
What exactly would you want Daniel or WPCentral to do about it? They can't make other sites change their content or opinion.

I don't intend or pretend to have anyone scold or ground no bad kids here. But both that kid and Phonedog are spreading false information. It makes Windows Phone look even worse due to some "reviewer" that is smaller than the phones he holds. An article and some tweets by key people in the business can help raise awareness on the fact that BeauHD knows nothing about Windows Phone and that it does have Instagram, for example. An app that, sadly, for many is the main reason to buy a phone.

Beau HD

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey, look who I found! I just wanted to clear up a few things. First of all, Blu sent me the two devices to review with absolutely no packaging to speak of -- there were no list of specs, no names or any other details... And they didn't reach out to us when we contacted them about clarifying the details -- they just required us to post the two reviews on the day of their press event. I essentially had to find all of the info about the two devices by searching the internet. Second of all, yes I am rather new to the Windows OS but in no way would I deliberately try to bash the OS -- I simply have no reason to. I mentioned there is little developer support because that is a fact and everyone knows, but it makes sense since it is the newest major operating system on the market. Instagram, for example, is available but it is in beta. There are many third party apps that can allow you to watch YouTube videos and run various Google apps, but they are THIRD PARTY apps... Third of all, I have been reviewing technology for years and would not bias myself based off personal preferences -- I reviewed the two Blu windows devices based off how I genuinely felt about the two BUDGET devices. (I would still love to get my hands on a more premium flagship Windows device to see how it compares...) Is it a perfect review? No, but considering the above details I mentioned -- it is the best that I could have done considering the circumstances. I apologize if I ruffled some feathers, it happens especially when viewers only see the finish product and not the behind the scenes drama that goes on.

-Beau HD

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey, look who I found! I just wanted to clear up a few things. First of all, Blu sent me the two devices to review with absolutely no packaging to speak of -- there were no list of specs, no names or any other details... And they didn't reach out to us when we contacted them about clarifying the details -- they just required us to post the two reviews on the day of their press event. I essentially had to find all of the info about the two devices by searching the internet. Second of all, yes I am rather new to the Windows OS but in no way would I deliberately try to bash the OS -- I simply have no reason to. I mentioned there is little developer support because that is a fact and everyone knows, but it makes sense since it is the newest major operating system on the market. Instagram, for example, is available but it is in beta. There are many third party apps that can allow you to watch YouTube videos and run various Google apps, but they are THIRD PARTY apps... Third of all, I have been reviewing technology for years and would not bias myself based off personal preferences -- I reviewed the two Blu windows devices based off how I genuinely felt about the two BUDGET devices. (I would still love to get my hands on a more premium flagship Windows device to see how it compares...) Is it a perfect review? No, but considering the above details I mentioned -- it is the best that I could have done considering the circumstances. I apologize if I ruffled some feathers, it happens especially when viewers only see the finish product and not the behind the scenes drama that goes on.

-Beau HD

Hi Beau,

Thanks for your clarification, and thanks for joining us here at WPCentral. :smile:

We appreciate your comments about the circumstances. I'm sure I'd have a hard time doing a proper review of a brand new device if I were unfamiliar with it and had such a short time to get the review done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077