Weird phonebook link to incoming texts

Leviathan Bentley

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi, really strange (and complicated!) thing keeps happening with my phone: I occasionally get texts from my credit card company with my balance information, and the sender name comes through on the text as 'CardService'. I do not have a number for this company in my phone book so assume the name of the sender is sent through with the text somehow. I recently changed my car insurance company and put their contact number in my phone along with the insurance policy number, and when I get a text from the bank it shows up as coming from the insurance company! I tried to check which detail on the phonebook profile is causing the link by deleting every piece of information from that entry one by one. However, even if I leave the profile blank of all entries except the name that the number would apply to, it still shows on the text from the bank that it has come from the insurance company. I am really frustrated at this, it is messing with my OCD, and I fail to understand why of all the entries in my phone book it should consistently choose that one to show on screen when a bank text comes in. Does this make sense to anyone, or has anyone else had this? Thanks

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
It's possible that the 5 digit text code belongs to a service that both your bank, and your insurance company, use. Therefore, the messages are coming in from the same number...??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven