BT and WIFI randomly stop working after CYAN and 8.1 update.

lancorp

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
First off, this is on my wife's 1020, so we all know how important this is. :)

Her phone was perfect before doing the updates. Now, she claims the BT just turns off and won't turn back on (in the car, connected to the car audio system). I looked at her phone the other day and sure enough, BT and WIFI were both OFF, and when I tried to turn them on, it said something like "Sorry, can't to that right now. Try again later.". Turned off phone and turned back on, and it's fine...for a while, then does the same thing.

Ideas? Others with same problem?

Thanks.

lancorp

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
No ideas? I can try hard resetting the 1020, but the WIFI and BT are turning themselves off multiple times a day and it's driving my wife crazy as she does a lot of Instagram and other social media.

Thanks.

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
soft reset = hold volume down + power button till it vibrates.
As for the original problem, hows the battery saver set ?? Try turning battery saver off & see if that helps.

lancorp

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
soft reset = hold volume down + power button till it vibrates.
As for the original problem, hows the battery saver set ?? Try turning battery saver off & see if that helps.

Soft reset with phone already off, or with phone on?

Battery saver is OFF...already checked that. What's odd is that WIFI and BT both turn off and cannot be turned back on. Just the friendly "Can't do this now, try again later" message.

El_CidCampeador

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Lumia 1020 after updating to Cyan.

Did u find a solution? Hard reset, soft reset, ... tried them all but didn't work.

:angry:

lancorp

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Lumia 1020 after updating to Cyan.

Did u find a solution? Hard reset, soft reset, ... tried them all but didn't work.

:angry:

Not yet. Have you tried a hard reset, but without restoring from a backup (ie., starting from scratch and reloading your apps manually)?

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I've had issues as described by u.
In some instances while trying to turn BT off it will just refuse to do so.
It shows the blue "..." moving from left to right on the top left corner.
I have not been patient enough to wait and see what error message pops out.
What I've been doing is power cycling the phone when I wake up.
If I do it every single morning, it would work without issues throughout the day.
Before the CYAN update, I never had this issue.

El_CidCampeador

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Lucky you!

I reboot my cell phone several times per day just to get the Wi-Fi working again. Sometimes it lasts for a while sometimes it doesn't even work after rebooting (I just have to wait it out... :( )

B1zzle

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Same
i go to turn BT or WIFI off and the toggle button wont respond
and the "thinking" dots ". . . . " just scroll up top for all eternity.
very frustrating with my new MS Band

i have, as well, done hard, soft resets, recovery tool etc

Neo Nuke

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Same here guys. After getting the MS band it suggested I get full use of it by going to the developer preview and my phone constantly drops Bluetooth and then wifi goes out with the unresponsiveness mentioned by other posters with the moving loading dots

lancorp

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Make sure no one is standing below the window. That will surely soften the drop and may not completely destroy the phone.

I've returned mine TWICE to Nokia and both time, returned with the same problem (same phone, too...not a replacement).

I gave up. It's just sitting here, looking pretty in all it's YELLOW on my desk.

I wish I knew if it was a software issue or a hardware issue.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3