Lots of Lumia 928 issues with multiple phones

MikeB123

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I love my windows phone but they are becoming a huge headache for my business. We have had these phones (Lumia 928s)for just over a year and they are not holding up well at all.

My phone often has issues with incoming or outgoing calls when it has not been used for a while. If I am using the handset (Always fine on Bluetooth). The call sounds like the volume is being rapidly decreased to 0 then brought back up making a nearly unintelligible pulsing at a frequency of about 5 per second. I always have to hang up and call the person back.

Another phone (That was already replaced once for an unresponsive screen) cannot be used as a handset at all. If you put the phone to your ear it is muted. Turning it off does not help. Bluetooth and speaker work fine.

A 3rd phone has started to become unresponsive to touch but you can usually bring it back by squeezing it around the edges (This phone gets babied and has not been dropped, it seems like a bad connection on the touchscreen)

That's 3 out of 6 phones having issues.

Oddly another one was submerged for about 5 minutes, when a tech slipped while fishing and hurt his ankle (Forgetting his phone was in its holster) It was totally dead but after about 10 days in a plastic bag with a large amount of silica gel packets it now works perfectly fine, Go figure!

The others lock up occasionally and need a reset but that seems normal from other phones we have had (WP& Trophys, Blackberries and Nextel Motorola's). We have never had to replace a single phone that I remember going back into the 90's

I have another year before I can replace these and have to stay with Verizon, does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Mike B

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
As long as you have asurion coverage I would send them in and get refurbs. If you dont, I think you can start paying for it, wait a month then return them as defective. Ear piece defects seem common on these. The screen freeze thing seemed to go away after the GDR2 update so if you still have it, the phone is defective. If you've read some of these posts, some people have returned phones 3,4, 5+ times. If you can get them replaced for free, its worth the hassle vs living with defective phones.

MikeB123

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately Verizon wants to charge me full price. I was looking to see if I could find a lower cost WP8 phone that would work on Verizon (There was an 822 on Amazon for about $100). I also found an old HTC Trophy (Our previous phones) I could activate for someone but I would hate to make them go back to WP7.

Drewkkake

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the earpiece issue and had to get a replacement - I'm not sure that I have any suggestions for your current fleet of phones, but I would definitely recommend that you purchase your next VZW phones (should you decide to stick with Windows Phone, of course) through the Microsoft Store, with their warranty.

The Microsoft Store warranty is $99 (I think) up front, with two replacements ($50 deductible) over the two-year period, as opposed to Asurion's monthly fee ($7.99? $8.99? something around there), with a $100 deductible for each replacement. I am fairly sure that Microsoft will replace manufacturing defects for free over that entire period, or at least that was my experience - I only had to pay the deductible and use up my replacement when I dropped my phone and cracked the screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon