Verizon is now back to 99.00 on contract

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if there are any new deals on the Icon for Verizon, my friend went to go and get one the other day but its now back to 99 from 0 on 2 year contract..

beerme1

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Ya I'm kind of pissed I missed the freebie. I gambled thinking the 830 might be the phone to go to from my 822 but too late. I'm kind of thinking on what I read on here and gut feeling that it will go back to free at the end of the month or when the 830 come out. I'm not going to miss it the second time but I have to get my wife to give up her iPhone at the same time but as soon as it drops I'm getting it. er them,.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Ya I'm kind of pissed I missed the freebie. I gambled thinking the 830 might be the phone to go to from my 822 but too late. I'm kind of thinking on what I read on here and gut feeling that it will go back to free at the end of the month or when the 830 come out. I'm not going to miss it the second time but I have to get my wife to give up her iPhone at the same time but as soon as it drops I'm getting it. er them,.

From what I've read, the icon is still a better phone than the 830.

beerme1

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Showing .99 for me now and I then when I log in it shows $99! and the Verizon recommended upgrade from my 822 is an iphone 4s and ipad air lol.
I logged out and got the $99 again. VZW shenanigans!

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Showing .99 for me now and I then when I log in it shows $99! and the Verizon recommended upgrade from my 822 is an iphone 4s and ipad air lol.
I logged out and got the $99 again. VZW shenanigans!

Thats Bonk! I HATED that I saw this FREE just a couple weeks ago and now that my upgrades are available (as of the 8th) the promo was over. (CONSPIRACY I tell ya! /S)

I got 4 upgrades to burn. I need 2 for my daughters. The 8x is dying and my other wants to dump the iPhone 4 (8GB). So Im ready to splurge on 2 for them. As for me, my 928 is doing okay and I think I'm gonna hold off until I see what comes this fall or even next spring. If the 830 (83x) is coming to VZW like the rumors I read... In no way do I consider that an upgrade even over the icon.

For what its worth, if you do a bing search (and get the bing point) for "Verizon Wireless Promotions" you find a special website (on Cell Phones, Smartphones & the Largest 4G LTE Network - Verizon Wireless) with special deal codes. The ICON is one of them with a $50 credit at checkout. So if you needed to get it, that may help. But I think we may see this drop again once the iSheep are done flocking the stores.

arbyjr

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Thats Bonk! I HATED that I saw this FREE just a couple weeks ago and now that my upgrades are available (as of the 8th) the promo was over. (CONSPIRACY I tell ya! /S)

I got 4 upgrades to burn. I need 2 for my daughters. The 8x is dying and my other wants to dump the iPhone 4 (8GB). So Im ready to splurge on 2 for them. As for me, my 928 is doing okay and I think I'm gonna hold off until I see what comes this fall or even next spring. If the 830 (83x) is coming to VZW like the rumors I read... In no way do I consider that an upgrade even over the icon.

For what its worth, if you do a bing search (and get the bing point) for "Verizon Wireless Promotions" you find a special website (on Cell Phones, Smartphones & the Largest 4G LTE Network - Verizon Wireless) with special deal codes. The ICON is one of them with a $50 credit at checkout. So if you needed to get it, that may help. But I think we may see this drop again once the iSheep are done flocking the stores.
Over the years I have ran into this same dilemma.
Sometimes if its not been that long since the price went back up, if you are very polite and do a little a** kissing you could probably get someone on tell-sales to give it to you still at the $0.99. I'm not saying it's guaranteed to work, but being nice can get you far. I got my Icon 5 months early, have also got an extra 5gb's of data free for the next 2 years. But over the years I have played this nice card and really the list of "perks" is huge and way too long to list.
It really wouldn't hurt to try, the worst that could happen is they say no.

Was it $0.99 or free before?

Last edited:

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It was free for about two weeks. I had called and asked if they would allow me to upgrade early to get the deal but they were sold out. Upgrade dates were Sept 12 16 & 21.

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

arbyjr

May 22, 2014
Visit site
It was free for about two weeks. I had called and asked if they would allow me to upgrade early to get the deal but they were sold out. Upgrade dates were Sept 12 16 & 21.

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk
Seeing they were out, try giving them another call, it couldn't hurt. And if you are thinking of upgrading more then one phone at the same time they may be more than willing to help you out (or lock you in to another 2year contract). Just remember to be overly polite...
Tell-sales agents are almost never like in store sales agents. In a store they really will not care what you're asking about, and to them they would rather push you to a different phone then actually try and help you out and keep you satisfied while they lock you in for another couple years...

beerme1

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Seeing they were out, try giving them another call, it couldn't hurt. And if you are thinking of upgrading more then one phone at the same time they may be more than willing to help you out (or lock you in to another 2year contract). Just remember to be overly polite...
Tell-sales agents are almost never like in store sales agents. In a store they really will not care what you're asking about, and to them they would rather push you to a different phone then actually try and help you out and keep you satisfied while they lock you in for another couple years...

Heh, I tried the polite card. I've been out of contract for over a year and told them I would need two, and will be adding a third line in October and that I was considering switching carriers as well. No dice, He said the promotion is over. At this point I'm hung up. I want the icon more than the 1020 at at&t although I think my monthly bill might come out $20 or so cheaper at at&t.

Desert_Hockey_Fan

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Dude, I have been using a BlackBerry for the last 4 years..... I have followed the icon since it came out in February; Verizon emails me stating "Your eligible for an upgrade EARLY!!!", I had been looking at the site just the weekend before and go to pick up my $0.99 Icon and that is when they move the decimal point! I want them to move the price back to $0.99 but I know that we're going into the holiday season and the chance of that happening is about the same as Google allowing turn by turn on an iPhone. I just went ahead and ordered my case; and once that comes in, I am picking the phone up no matter the price. At least I get the best all around phone on the market without paying as much as an iTool or Google/Skynet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb