Should I buy 1520?

Ancistrus01

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys!!!
I had Lumia 620 but few months ago, my Lumia dies. :-(
So I am looking for new phone. I donť want Android or iOS (i really donť want it :-D ) because i love WinPhone.
And i don't have tablet (and now i don't have even SmartPhone, because i have Nokia C6-00 and it isn't smart :-D ) So i was looking for some Lumia phablets. I found Lumia 1320 and 1520. I chose 1520 because of perfect display, awesome camera and so!
But i hesitate, if i should wait for new Lumia phablets, maybe for 1530. Because i am little bit afraid, if will be possible to upload Windows Phone 9 to this "old phones".
So, should i buy Lumia 1520? :)
Thank you very much!

P.S. I am from Czech Republic and my english isn't so good. So I apologize for the mistakes.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Buy the Lumia 1520 - I still luv mine.

Nothing is future-proof, but this device should still be significant with Win9 coming & should be able to take upgrades thru the next year (@ least). Anxiously awaiting Lumia Denim ... have WinPhone 8.1 update1 on Dev Preview.

Any subsequent high end devices are simply rumors with no (current) substantiation (though that could change @ the end of this month - everything is eerily quiet regarding new flagship devices).

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Buy the Lumia 1520 - I still luv mine.

Nothing is future-proof, but this device should still be significant with Win9 coming & should be able to take upgrades thru the next year (@ least). Anxiously awaiting Lumia Denim ... have WinPhone 8.1 update1 on Dev Preview.

Any subsequent high end devices are simply rumors with no (current) substantiation (though that could change @ the end of this month - everything is eerily quiet regarding new flagship devices).

Exactly what he said ^^^

I'm not sure what you want out of a Tablet type device, but the Huge 6" screen is beautiful after you dial in the color and brightness profiles. Comfortable reading... and the Turn by Turn? LMAO I had my 1520.3 held up side by side with some dedicated Nav devices at a store (Tom Tom and Garmin), rivals any of them for size. Here Drive+ is fantastic on the 1520.

Hour per hour battery competes with tablet use as well.

1520 was just done right...

Ancistrus01

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
What am i expecting? Something between phone and tablet... Something where can i read news, chatting with friends and writing in MS Word on huge screen with mobility of phones. :)

So, i am going to order my new Black Lumia 1520!

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
What am i expecting? Something between phone and tablet... Something where can i read news, chatting with friends and writing in MS Word on huge screen with mobility of phones. :)

You won't be sorry ...

anon(4054009)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

I sold my iPad mini Retina to buy my 1520, a couple of trade offs but carrying one device is better for me.

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
The only reason why I won't recommend a 1520 to you is if your hands are too small. It's a really big phone and if your hands aren't big enough you'll have a hard time. If that's not the case, then go get it. It's fast and reliable, screen is big and clear. Battery is awesome too.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Pffft... My hands are small and I have no issues...

It's not like it is so large you can't hold onto it unless you have gorilla mits. You just won't do everything one handed... And probably not anyone will unless they have the grip radius of an NBA All-Star.

Just what I expected going into it, knowing the screen was 16:9 ratio with a 6" diagonal. Left to right is cool even for smaller hands... Top to bottom is only for Tentacle Beasts.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I can hardly wait to hear your review. Excited for you, and based on what you want to use it for- you nailed this purchase.

Let us know what you think!!

ams963

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I say no need to wait. Just go and get yourself the L1520. You'll not regret it. Awesome phone and amazing experience.

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys!!!
I had Lumia 620 but few months ago, my Lumia dies. :-(
So I am looking for new phone. I donť want Android or iOS (i really donť want it :-D ) because i love WinPhone.
And i don't have tablet (and now i don't have even SmartPhone, because i have Nokia C6-00 and it isn't smart :-D ) So i was looking for some Lumia phablets. I found Lumia 1320 and 1520. I chose 1520 because of perfect display, awesome camera and so!
But i hesitate, if i should wait for new Lumia phablets, maybe for 1530. Because i am little bit afraid, if will be possible to upload Windows Phone 9 to this "old phones".
So, should i buy Lumia 1520? :)
Thank you very much!

P.S. I am from Czech Republic and my english isn't so good. So I apologize for the mistakes.

Buy it, 1520 is one of the phones that you will be able to update to WP9., Plus the soon to come updates are going to make the 1520 the best beast phone out there. My arrives tomorrow hopefully :)

Nokia1520

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
1520 is the worst phoneI have ever owned. It is my second WP device. First one was great a 620. Screen broke and decided to upgrade.Bought the 1520 and worked great for about 6 months. Then the random screen issues popped up. Upgraded to latest software twice and it never went away and got so mad I threw it at a wall and broke that screen (That isn't what happened to the 620, I left it in my pants pocket and the stepped on my pants and shattered the screen). I hope they fixed the issues mine was a very first Generation!!! SERIOUSLY considering a Iphone 6 Plus. If AT&T releases the HTC ONE M8 for Windows soon, I might give that a try but I amimpressed with the Iphone 6 plus right now.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
1520 is the worst phoneI have ever owned. It is my second WP device. First one was great a 620. Screen broke and decided to upgrade.Bought the 1520 and worked great for about 6 months. Then the random screen issues popped up. Upgraded to latest software twice and it never went away and got so mad I threw it at a wall and broke that screen (That isn't what happened to the 620, I left it in my pants pocket and the stepped on my pants and shattered the screen). I hope they fixed the issues mine was a very first Generation!!! SERIOUSLY considering a Iphone 6 Plus. If AT&T releases the HTC ONE M8 for Windows soon, I might give that a try but I amimpressed with the Iphone 6 plus right now.

Very unfortunate, all of that; given your screen name...

​Is that maddening screen dealie just AT&T models? Not seen touch and swipe errors on the RM-938... Yet. *cross fingers, knock on wood*

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

Wow there's always one - this phone sucks, because I got frustrated with it & threw mine against a wall

scratch that off the potential remedies - throwing it against a wall was not very effective in fixing the issue you had ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077