Would you get rid of your Nokia 920?

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
If I had the budget for it I'd probably get a 1520.3 while I wait for the 1030 to come out with a glance-compatible screen and Qi (note to MS: don't botch that; include all the features). I thought the giant phone was too big at first (since it doesn't even have a Note-like stylus to really take advantage of the screen size), but it's growing on me (or should I say shrinking in this case?). But I want to save money so I'll stick with the 920 for now.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Nope, it could come in handy as a anti mugging device when it does become obsolete :p.

Joking aside, I wouldn't as it still going strong however I have noticed the battery is somewhat showing it's age now.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
my 920 rejuvenated itself after getting 8.1+Cyan.... it will keep me in good company until the battery quits on me or when the 1030 comes out... which ever is sooner

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
My contract is running out very soon (november) and if the music app isn't less terrible by then, i'm heading back to an iphone. Had 3 lumias (520, 920 and 1320) and my patience is running out. Every release of WP they seem to make the music application WORSE and it infuriates me.

MrA2Z

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
With all previous phones I always feel the desire to upgrade them. But Lumia 920 is such a beautiful device that I am not feeling that desire at the moment. It's been nearly 20 months but I still love it in the way I loved it on the first day. I will get a new phone when current contract will expire but Lumia 920 is not going anywhere.

philhachey

Banned
Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not gonna change anything till Christmas when my contract is up and I can justify a little expense.

The thing is, I fear that because there are no new leaks yet, there will be no new phones by then. That is if the past two years are any indicator.... It seems like there are leaks/pics/specs that are always correct about 6 months before release. Then its announced 2-3 months before release.... Why cant anyone keep a secret so the hype is fresh when the phone is available?

6Kings

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I really like this phone (920). I really only have one complaint and that is with the ear speaker for the phone so I bought a headset. Otherwise, it is awesome and still nothing has come out 22 months later worth buying. By the way, my most used features - Glance and Qi Charging.

KM1932

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
As everybody knows the 920 is a battle tank. It is reliable, strong and fuss free. I also have a 1520 but it has a very delicate screen. My 1520 screen broke after 1 month when it fell from around 50cm on to the floor. The phone was in its original Nokia cover!!!. - so be warned. I also had a 720 but there were some problems with the headphone socket so it was replaced. Unless I find another phone with the durability of the 920 and with considerable upgrades I will keep this phone. I really like this phone.

carlson03

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
@nikhilr51, see ya, have fun with iphone

since I just got my L920 new two months ago, I will keep it, nothing out there is worth the trade

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I wouldn't :D Still loves the device. And I think the 930 is not good enough as a replacement for 920. Tried the newer BB Z3, Nokia X2. Lumia 920 is still faster to use. Not to mention, I have dropped several times on hard surface with the display facing down (Twice on asphalt, twice on concrete, few times on floor tile and one time hit the corner of my drawer) and to my surprise the screen didn't crack or leave a single scratch on it. :D

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
My 920 will be like my PC, a 5 year old CPU that runs perfectly fine :p (i5 750) Of course this is year 2 for the 920 but I'll probably switch when WP9 is officially out.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
There is nothing out to replace my L920 which is why I don't upgrade. Nothing to do with carriers for me either as I will be buying unlocked.

Hopefully something comes out but I'm a little impatient as my patience with my L920 are wearing a little thin now.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well I replaced mine with the 930 but the phone is so disappointing and gave me such a headache (and still gives thank's to Microsoft's lack of updated to fix things they themselves broke) that I would tell you "No".

I ended up switching to a Z3C because of the experience with the 930 so you may want to really think about what you're going to do when leaving the 920.

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Since I use prepaid service (Cricket) I have to pay the full price for a phone. I try to avoid the pricier models, but unless my 920 dies, I am staying for it. The only phone that may be an upgrade to the Lumia that recently came out is the Blu Win HD, but then I am sacrificing LTE, a lower quality screen, a lower processor and having to go to a cheaper plastic phone. Though a new phone at $179 is pretty good. I see myself with my 920 until next year at the very least.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720