Would you get rid of your Nokia 920?

b0blight

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I would keep my 920.For me, my main is the 1020. My 920 I have done a fresh install (fresh ROM) , and will be using it to test Preview software (currently it is running WP 8.1 Update 1). I would also be using it as a developers device to test (future) apps that I (possibly) may be developing. But besides that, it is also a backup phone, such that in any case my 1020 fails I have another phone to fall back to.

carlson03

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm surprised your Dell works fine, usually they just stop working after 4 years haha :p

Sometimes, but been 7 years, not one problem with it...put a solid state drive in it 2 years ago, that made the most difference...no reason to get rid of it if it keeps working...I also have an insprion 1720 that works great too

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I am going to get the Lumia 830, I like what I see so far, perfect screen size, 10MP camera is also fine, wireless charging and Lumia Denim onboard.

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
no i will not. i dont feel there is a replacement for my device as of yet. and besides, im still under contract and not able to upgrade until oct/nov.

jahduce

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I am due an upgrade the end of November, and I can't see anything that compares to ny 920. Loved it from the first time I heard it was due for release, I was going for the 900 and I'm glad I didn't as the 900 didn't get the W8 update. I may go for the 1520 another one I have loved from first site, but I'm in no rush, Il hang on to my 920 and hope Microsoft come up with something better than what I have seen 730, 830 nah,,, just anther 920 in it. Remember when the 920 was dropped from the edge of space just before its release another reason why I went for a Lumina 920 ruff and tuff.

jontyrees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
If I would have answered this question last week, I'd have probably said "no, I like the 920 well enough to keep it". However, last Friday Cyan loaded itself onto my phone, and it's been nothing but annoying ever since. Bluetooth problems, calling problems, Beats Music problems, texting problems, and the battery is draining twice as fast as it used to. So, yes, I will almost certainly be ditching the 920, and quite possibly moving away from Windows altogether. There were some features I never did like - like it taking several clicks just to call someone you know, people at the other end of the conversation only hearing me half the time, about 6 steps to save a contact when it should be 2 or 3, etc. In general though, it's been a good phone until this lousy update.

Pl4ub

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm still waiting for more pocket/hand friendly Lumia with almost top end specs. Sony Xperia Compact/Moto G style friendliness.

Jose_Rey

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Well I replaced mine with the 930 but the phone is so disappointing and gave me such a headache (and still gives thank's to Microsoft's lack of updated to fix things they themselves broke) that I would tell you "No".

I ended up switching to a Z3C because of the experience with the 930 so you may want to really think about what you're going to do when leaving the 920.

I'd LOVE a Sony on WP. Android is terrible man. They're obviously feeling the heat as even now with Android L, they're basically copying WP, Just like Apple did with iOS 7. Seriously, even the LOCK SCREEN on L is like WP. But the experience is subpar. Everybody kept talking about how great it was, so I decided to give it a shot again with the S4 mini.

My last Android prior to the mini was an Xperia Play. That phone was complete trash and very expensive. Reboots, terrible call quality, dropped calls, lag..etc etc. My mini started with Jelly Bean, but I upgraded to Kit Kat and the difference in performance and battery life to me was definitely noticeable. Problem? It rebooted while trying to stream XM to my Bluetooth Speaker. So, off it goes. I'm probably being a little anal for this one issue. But that's how it usually starts and gradually gets worse. What I find sad is..that an iPod Touch I had which had 3 times less RAM performed better than the Galaxy on a day to day basis.

I'm in LOVE with WP ever since the Focus. Every time I try another platform, I come back. The experience is just superior here. I feel like I get the best of both worlds here...the smoothness of iPhones and the google apps Apple bans at their Store. The only thing that saddens me is no High End Phone that interests me has been announced yet. The HTC ONE is pretty close, but I wants more and I wants it NOW!

jontyrees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Cyan on the 920 should not do that. Try resetting it or you may want to do a refresh. Our 3 Cyan 920's all get stellar battery life.
Reset is just holding the volume up and down keys and the power button? How does a refresh differ? Excuse my ignorance - I'm just a casual user whose phone went from problem-free to constantly irritating!

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Either is fine for me, just nothing that's 6".

I also want Glance and Qi charging.

Yeah I wasn't sure if 6" would bother me but it's not too big of a problem. And with Glance/Qi I can say it's worth it.

Seems like the ideal is 4.7-5", Glance, Qi, probably MicroSD. It would be weird for it to be smaller than the 830 though.

Uff182

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm in love with 930, but it costs too much at the moment and I have other priorities. A part for that, I really don't feel the urge to change my 920: since I bought it (coming from a Google Nexus) I'm really satisfied.
Yes, there still are things to improve on the WP environment, but I got used to it: I really think it's great to finally have a phone that doesn't become slow/laggy as hell after a few months. :D

anon(9090490)

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Definitely not. I have been using it for about 1.5 year, and still do not see any good replacement [that is worth the money I could spend]. I like the smartphone size (that is optimal for my pockets) and the excellent IPS screen (though it's not an OLED). The hardware and screen resolution are very balanced, which is good for the battery. WP8/8.1 and all apps I need in my everyday life are executed without any problems. Add to all this the built-in wireless charging :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I should clarify my point about what I said.

I'd love to get rid of my L920 as it's been a bit of a pain in the behind but there's nothing to move to on any platform. I'm not impressed with any of the hardware that's out currently.

So I wait.

jusdis

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm not gonna change anything till Christmas when my contract is up and I can justify a little expense.

The thing is, I fear that because there are no new leaks yet, there will be no new phones by then. That is if the past two years are any indicator.... It seems like there are leaks/pics/specs that are always correct about 6 months before release. Then its announced 2-3 months before release.... Why cant anyone keep a secret so the hype is fresh when the phone is available?

Maybe somebody started keeping secrets and that's why we haven't heard anything yet!!! Ahh 😉. The hype will be fresh.

Pretec

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't.

Why? Because there is no reason to me to do so.

I used to own an Iphone 4, I bought it when it came out andit was awesome. That retina display was revolutionary, the overall smoothness and so on. But when the iOS updates started to came out, the Iphone become slower and slower until iOS 7 finally destroyed its performance. It became a complete slideshow, so I decided to get rid of rid and bought an Lumia 920, and I'm satisfied so far.
If there is one thing I love about Windows Phone is the smoothness of the OS, which is crucial for me. Even after the Windows Phone 8.1 Cyan update, my Lumia 920 is ultra smooth, so there is absolutely no reason for me to consider replacing it.

I have to add that in my country (Portugal), there is no such thing as those awesome discounts several US (and other) customers get with contracts, so I have to pay the full price for the Smartphone each time I decide to change.

Regards.

carlson03

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't.

Why? Because there is no reason to me to do so.

I used to own an Iphone 4, I bought it when it came out andit was awesome. That retina display was revolutionary, the overall smoothness and so on. But when the iOS updates started to came out, the Iphone become slower and slower until iOS 7 finally destroyed its performance. It became a complete slideshow, so I decided to get rid of rid and bought an Lumia 920, and I'm satisfied so far.
If there is one thing I love about Windows Phone is the smoothness of the OS, which is crucial for me. Even after the Windows Phone 8.1 Cyan update, my Lumia 920 is ultra smooth, so there is absolutely no reason for me to consider replacing it.

I have to add that in my country (Portugal), there is no such thing as those awesome discounts several US (and other) customers get with contracts, so I have to pay the full price for the Smartphone each time I decide to change.

Regards.

I would call it an "upfront discount"....we still pay for the price of the phone in higher cell service...that being said, I pay full price (usually waiting a while and getting an older model) so I do not have to be locked into contract. That is why I just got my L920 two months ago, was much cheaper and still runs great!

CellularMan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
920 serving me well after almost 2 years and I don't see any current phone that is an attractive update.

An updated 1020 is likely to be my next phone so long as they don't mess it up somehow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss