Do new Icons have 8.1 loaded or 8.0?

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
It'll have 8.0 on it.

I just got a replacement Icon the other week and it was 8.0. However, if you have a backup made after 8.1 update1, when you go to restore the phone, it'll already be 8.1 update 1.

Somerichs

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Riddle me this: I'm already on 8.1 DP on my 928. I went to Verizon to upgrade because they were offering me an early upgrade, but they couldn't take my phone because it's cracked. So, I paid my $99 deductible today to get a new phone, which will be a new 928.

If I'm already signed up for DP, will I automatically be able to get it (a) on the replacement 928, and then, after I take the replacement in to get the Icon, (b) on the Icon?

Thanks for any thoughts on the matter.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
if you made a backup with the latest developer preview version, when you restore, it will be the latest or close. it will definitely not be 8.0.

I dropped my Icon and it landed perfectly on the bottom corner, causing the screen to crack. paid the $50 deductible. did the restore on the new phone. it was 8.1. there was no developer preview app and it wasn't a perfect backup so I still had some setup to do and of course, I had to redownload all the apps. but it wasn't as bad as going all the way back to 8.0.

in case people were wondering, I believe I still have an 8.0 backup as well just in case I have to go all the way back to get Cyan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99