I'm getting this on the Nokia Software Recovery phone when plugin my 920 'Software package not available for this phone', all I want is go back to WP8 to update to cyan, there should be another way!!
    09-15-2014 01:21 AM
    I'm getting this on the Nokia Software Recovery phone when plugin my 920 'Software package not available for this phone', all I want is go back to WP8 to update to cyan, there should be another way!!
    I take it you flashed your phone with a different firmware?
    09-15-2014 01:29 AM
    I did not, however my 920 is from at&t and came with french firmware on it, SFR or something like that, I bought the phone used on ebay, I'd like to know if at the current state of the phone I'll be able to change the firmware to an international version so it can be updated to cyan.
    09-15-2014 01:34 AM
    I did not, however my 920 is from at&t and came with french firmware on it, SFR or something like that, I bought the phone used on ebay, I'd like to know if at the current state of the phone I'll be able to change the firmware to an international version so it can be updated to cyan.
    Well, the at&t 920 will lose it's ability to connect to LTE once it gets Cyan OTA since you're on a different rom.. I don't know if you get LTE or not where you are so that may not matter to you.

Anyway, the root of the problem you're experiencing is that NSRT checks with Nokia's servers every time you plug the phone in asking which firmware it can flash. Your phone is reporting in as a model RM-821 (changed by the FR firmware from RM-820), with an original at&t product code (This doesn't appear to change on a flash) so a RM-821 at&t firmware device doesn't exist, and NSRT bails out saying there's no firmware.

The best bet at the moment is to use a proxy and flash back to a sort-of-at&t firmware (Its called at&t developer) with keeps LTE and comes with Cyan and should (in theory anyway.) get Denim when it's out. Only NSRT will fix the radio's to keep LTE connectivity... I literally have no idea why that is, but it is. There's been lengthy discussions about this over in the Cyan and LTE thread (starting where I linked) including the fix.
    09-15-2014 02:00 AM
    Well, the at&t 920 will lose it's ability to connect to LTE once it gets Cyan OTA since you're on a different rom.. I don't know if you get LTE or not where you are so that may not matter to you.

Anyway, the root of the problem you're experiencing is that NSRT checks with Nokia's servers every time you plug the phone in asking which firmware it can flash. Your phone is reporting in as a model RM-821 (changed by the FR firmware from RM-820), with an original at&t product code (This doesn't appear to change on a flash) so a RM-821 at&t firmware device doesn't exist, and NSRT bails out saying there's no firmware.

The best bet at the moment is to use a proxy and flash back to a sort-of-at&t firmware (Its called at&t developer) with keeps LTE and comes with Cyan and should (in theory anyway.) get Denim when it's out. Only NSRT will fix the radio's to keep LTE connectivity... I literally have no idea why that is, but it is. There's been lengthy discussions about this over in the Cyan and LTE thread (starting where I linked) including the fix.
    Thank you so much, also I can tell you that LTE works just fine, weird huh?
    09-15-2014 02:10 AM
    Thank you so much, also I can tell you that LTE works just fine, weird huh?
    Judging by the beginning of your post, you don't yet have Cyan. Something in the Cyan package delivered OTA or flashed to a at&t (Maybe rogers too? idk.) 920 running a non-us rom will kill LTE until you get back to a US rom flashed only with NSRT.
    09-15-2014 03:06 AM
    Don't do it! My 920 has been buggy and irritating since Cyan decided to load itself. It was fine before, but now, I think my next phone will be Android
    09-16-2014 06:07 PM
    Don't do it! My 920 has been buggy and irritating since Cyan decided to load itself. It was fine before, but now, I think my next phone will be Android

Chill bro, I know there's been a performance difference (I've been on developer preview since it was available) but the performance is still pretty good, specially considering some things: The 920 is 2 years old, compared to a similar android, the Droid lags behind totally. Also is great that M$ confirmed Nokia Denim to all Lumias, good luck on this kind of support on an android phone.
    09-16-2014 07:39 PM
    wrong post!
    Last edited by sabotagebx; 09-18-2014 at 11:09 PM.
    09-18-2014 10:30 PM
    after this cyan update. im done with this phone and possibly windows phones. every app is terribly buggy and crashes. xbox music doesnt even update my music when i add more. i dont understand how I had to wait 2 years for simple updates Ive wanted and been patient with to be greeted with this ****.
    I would try a hard reset before saying that...
    09-18-2014 11:09 PM
    have tried a hard reset....
    09-18-2014 11:10 PM
    im having the same issue. Keep us updated please ;-)
    09-18-2014 11:14 PM
    I finally have cyan, updated last week, so far so good, better battery life and better lock clock app performance.
    09-29-2014 11:03 PM