MMS - Stopped Working

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I just realized, after several back and forth messages with friends, that I'm not getting MMS messages. I'm getting regular text messages, but when anyone attaches a photo, I don't get it.

Sometimes if they are doing a group message, with a photo, I'm left out of the entire group message.

Anyone else have this problem?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Now is it the message does not go through at all or does it say "download content" or something along those lines? Also, what kind of phones are your friends on, what device are you coming from, and have you checked your Verizon Messages account to see if they show up there?

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Another question... Did you have an iPhone previous to this? If someone has you listed as an iMessage contact, you won't get the picture messages since it is trying to send them through that service. You need to deregister your number as an iPhone with Apple and then they should start coming through - if this is the case...

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Another question... Did you have an iPhone previous to this? If someone has you listed as an iMessage contact, you won't get the picture messages since it is trying to send them through that service. You need to deregister your number as an iPhone with Apple and then they should start coming through - if this is the case...

Yup that's what I was getting at asking what the previous device was! :p lol

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Nope - went from Android phones (Galaxy) for 6 years to Windows Phone. I just found I cannot send MMS either. It fails every time.

I think this has to due with getting my phone replaced. After two weeks with the phone I had it swapped out due to rebooting problems. I had them change the SIM card too. Verizon may have messed up the SIM card swap, as I noticed that it's been ever since I swapped phones.

I'm going to head to my Verizon store and see if they can reset the SIM and properly activate it.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Turns out MMS was working fine - if I have good signal. In my house I have 1 bar, and I won't get MMS or group messages. I cannot send either. However, if I go outside and get 3 bars - they start working again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb