GPU may be failing

Georgi Anastasov

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I love playing Asphalt 8 and I have played it since like one year and I had no problem. Yesterday the phone got really hot(I was charging it while playing) and I left it to cool of on a cold surface (not in the fridge of course :D ) and everything was fine afterwards. Today I was in a cafe and I was browsing spotify and the phone froze. I pressed the power button and the screen shut off as expected. Now here is the fun part - when I pressed the power button again the screen was filled with white noise(the one like on a analog TV with no signal) it was responding to the touch as it would dim and when I pressed it i lit up again. Then I hold the power button so it could soft reset and everything was ok. Now I tried to play asphalt again. it started ok but when the graphics became intensive there was serious lagging. The game lagged some times when i played but that were random glitches for less that a second. Now the lagging was like 5 seconds. I fear that my GPU is going away and I doubt the phone is going to work without it. Anyone had similar issues with his HTC 8X? Any advice is appreciated.

Model: HTC Windows Phone 8X by HTC
OS Version: 8.10.12400.899
Firmware Version: 3030.0.41201.708
Hardware Revision: 0002
Developer Preview: Yes I'm enrolled

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My 920 did choke once or twice in a similar TV-static-style in the year I've owned it.

If you stopped with the phone freezing, I'd be quick to blow it off as a fluke but that new frame drops is something that throws me off.

huh. maybe the nitro was just too much

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte