Camera just got jumpy

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
This morning I noticed my camera got kind of jumpy and is making funny sounds when it's active. It almost looks like it's manually zooming back and forth. The sound it makes sounds like a manual shutter clicking.

Has anyone else here had this problem? My guess is a failure of the image stabilization system.

I hop the AT&T service center has 1520s in stock.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Failure of autofocus to find a distance? Have you tried going manual and setting it for macro or inifinity?

Shutter click noise can be toggled in settings...

​Reboot?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Failure of autofocus to find a distance? Have you tried going manual and setting it for macro or inifinity?

Shutter click noise can be toggled in settings...

​Reboot?

The noise was real, nothing to do with settings. It was clicking away as the image jumped around on screen and I could feel it in the phone as well. I first noticed when trying to scan for MyFitnessPal. It had a hard time getting a lock on the bar code, it kept moving around on the screen.

The focus seemed to be working too. The image was just zooming in and out and side to side.

Then I tried in Nokia Camera and it was bouncing around all over the place too. Now I can't get it to do it any more, which has me concerned as I'd like to have an easy exchange and not an intermittent problem that won't reproduce at the service center.

I actually noticed something similar a few days ago but I didn't think much of it at the time since it wasn't as bad.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I rolled back long ago and have cyan with the final 8.1.

However, my phone seems to have stopped doing this now. It only did it off and on for that one day. It was definitely mechanical in nature.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It's probably just magnetic interference shut it off wait for some time then try again.

You were correct. How did you know about the magnetic interference?

I used it near my refrigerator which is where it was really bad. It persisted for a bit after I was away from the fridge but I guess it needed to get itself realigned again.

I figured it out as it happened again when I was scanning into myfitnesspal and it did the same thing. Thinking back to your post I realized it was the refrigerator. If you use myfitnesspal this would not be too uncommon of a place to try and use the camera.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, it's simple really the OIS in the Lumia 1520 works by using a magnetic ball bearing structure, interfere with that magnetic field and your problem will occur, I'm not trying to sound like a know it all, I read it somewhere in a comment like a year ago. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750