Win HD hopefully available soon

Blackout3890

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I am very much looking forward to the launch of the Blu Win HD and was very curious since the JR is out on both the MS store and Amazon. I've been trying to get a solid answer via twitter and one of the listed sales reps from the Blue announcement for the HD and JR and I finally got something back today in regards to the Win HD. It's not a date but soon...
Screenshot (1).png

malman89

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
The processor makes me hesitate a little on buying it. I'm more interested in the Lumia 735, but if its pricing is stupid high compared to the Moto G or Win HD, I'd probably get one of those instead.

YayILikePie

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
The Win HD does look like a pretty sweet phone, especially considering the price and that it's unlocked. The only things I might have trouble with are that external storage is limited at 32GB, rather than the 521s and 635s at 128GB. Also, when I checked with a Blu representative, I was told that it wouldn't have Glance. Having used glance for half a year, it's hard to go without it anymore.

Either way, of the recent offerings in this price range, it's really hard to pass up.

malman89

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
The Win HD does look like a pretty sweet phone, especially considering the price and that it's unlocked. The only things I might have trouble with are that external storage is limited at 32GB, rather than the 521s and 635s at 128GB. Also, when I checked with a Blu representative, I was told that it wouldn't have Glance. Having used glance for half a year, it's hard to go without it anymore.

Either way, of the recent offerings in this price range, it's really hard to pass up.

Almost every new phone does not sport Glance, so I think you're going to just have to deal with that on your next purchase... unless MS is hoarding that capability for its own branded devices it'll release.

The Win HD hardware technically supports more than 32GB expandable storage, so it'll be interesting to see if that's a real world limit or an oddly capped spec limit.

Pistooli

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I have the Allview Impera S which is probably the same OEM model. Nice slim phone, decent screen and performance, horrible battery life (except the standby).

will9

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Almost every new phone does not sport Glance, so I think you're going to just have to deal with that on your next purchase... unless MS is hoarding that capability for its own branded devices it'll release.

The Win HD hardware technically supports more than 32GB expandable storage, so it'll be interesting to see if that's a real world limit or an oddly capped spec limit.

My win JR reads a 64gb class 10 Samsung evo just fine.
A JR reviewer on big river is using a sandisk 128gb, the high $ one, it costs more than the phone.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos