Lumia 830 availability

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I thought I'd start this thread to help everyone track availability of the Lumia 830.

• In its keynote at IFA, Microsoft told us availability would begin "this month" (September). With two weeks left in the month, the device doesn't seem to be commercially available just yet.

• We know that the device will arrive in the UK, India and Vietnam beginning next month.

• Nokia Russia has also announced pre-orders.

• Amazon France has announced its pricing and that the device is "coming soon."

• AT&T says they'll carry the device "by the holidays." Yesterday, the LumiaLeaks Twitter account said AT&T currently plans on releasing the device in November. However, the photo associated with the official AT&T press release hinted that AT&T will only carry the version with the darker metal chassis, i.e. the one associated with the black 830, though it appeared to also show/confirm interchangeable back covers.

• U.S.-based reseller Overseas Electronics has announced pre-orders of the device with the hefty price tag of $649.99. I reached out to them regarding specs and ETA, and they confirmed that the variant they are getting will not be compatible with U.S. LTE bands. ETA is "four weeks."

• Amazon.de has apparently announced pre-orders as well, with a price of 338 Euros

• Much of Europe reporting availability between the last week of September and the first week of October, including Czech Rep, Slovakia, Poland, and others

• Nokia Canada has now officially listed the L830 as "coming soon." This is great news for both Canadian and U.S. users, as it increases the chances for color options compatible with North American LTE bands.

Looks like those of us in North America may have to wait a while to see a variant compatible with our LTE bands, and even then, it may only be with the darker metal frame/chassis. I wanted the lighter one. Starting to sound like a Lumia 930 situation all over again.

If anyone has any more info, please post.

Last edited:

odklizec

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Here in Slovakia, it should be available from first week in October. Prices starting at 358eur.

The same availability and prices apply for Czech republic.

In Poland, however, 830 should be available from last week in September. Starting price is at 1599Zl (around 380Eur).

Last edited:

Douglas_B

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for putting this post together - I've been checking the forum every day or two to see if the availability info has been updated. I'm stuck on Verizon for the time being, so hopefully the rumors from mid-august come true and we see the 830 released across multiple carriers in the US.

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I thought I'd start this thread to help everyone track availability of the Lumia 830.

• In its keynote at IFA, Microsoft told us availability would begin "this month" (September). With two weeks left in the month, the device doesn't seem to be commercially available just yet.

• We know that the device will arrive in the UK, India and Vietnam beginning next month.

• AT&T says they'll carry the device "by the holidays." Yesterday, the LumiaLeaks Twitter account said AT&T currently plans on releasing the device in November. However, the photo associated with the official AT&T press release hinted that AT&T will only carry the version with the darker metal chassis, i.e. the one associated with the black 830, though it appeared to also show/confirm interchangeable back covers.

• U.S.-based reseller Overseas Electronics has announced pre-orders of the device with the hefty price tag of $649.99. I reached out to them regarding specs and ETA, and they confirmed that the variant they are getting will not be compatible with U.S. LTE bands. ETA is "four weeks."

• Amazon.de has apparently announced pre-orders as well, with a price of 338 Euros

Looks like those of us in North America may have to wait a while to see a variant compatible with our LTE bands, and even then, it may only be with the darker metal frame/chassis. I wanted the lighter one. Starting to sound like a Lumia 930 situation all over again.

I'm sure the US carriers have a say on when to announce/launch, because they're like that. Most likely, they want to wait till the Holidays since that's when most people buy phones and/or wait until most contracts signed up for the new iPhone (I might be cynical). It'll definitely come before Black Friday, probably the beginning to mid of November.

The Lard

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
We know that the device will arrive in the UK, India and Vietnam beginning next month.

As in October? Interesting, I hadn't come across any info specific to the UK (where I am). Where was this said out of interest?

Can't believe how hush-hush they always are with dates, very irritating! One of my good friends still has an iPhone now because he couldn't be bothered to wait for an indeterminate period for the 920 after it was announced.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
As in October? Interesting, I hadn't come across any info specific to the UK (where I am). Where was this said out of interest?

Can't believe how hush-hush they always are with dates, very irritating! One of my good friends still has an iPhone now because he couldn't be bothered to wait for an indeterminate period for the 920 after it was announced.

It was said by James Guion, head of Microsoft product marketing in the UK & Ireland. Here's a link, Microsoft's new Lumia 735 and 830 heading to UK in October - Neowin.

Apparently pre-orders are up in Ireland as well.

The Lard

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
It was said by James Guion, head of Microsoft product marketing in the UK & Ireland.

Oh yeah, back on the 4th too. Missed that, thanks.

So who *is* actually getting it in September then? Getting a bit late in the day now!

I may even consider importing it and flashing the firmware if the price is drastically different.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah, back on the 4th too. Missed that, thanks.

So who *is* actually getting it in September then? Getting a bit late in the day now!

I may even consider importing it and flashing the firmware if the price is drastically different.

That's what I want to know as well. So far no definitive word on September releases anywhere. I'll be keeping an eye on Ebay though... I want this bad boy ASAP.

nemo7

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I pre order one in Green at Amazon Germany for just 339?. But now Amazon updated the price to 399?. I am happy that i was quick :).
Your life, your choice.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I pre order one in Green at Amazon Germany for just 339€. But now Amazon updated the price to 399€. I am happy that i was quick :).
Your life, your choice.

I wonder why they raised the price. The optimist in me wants to believe that this means demand is relatively high.

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
In Sweden a couple of retailers claim to have it in stock tomorrow, that is September 19. I preordered the green one but I think it sounds too good to be true that I actually would have it in my hands still this week...

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Backs are interchangeable so switching colors should be easy enough.

When no-one has stock it's easy to set high prices :) Wait until lots of people are selling to find the real prices...

odklizec

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
One eshop here is Slovakia claims they already have the 830 on stock. But probably because of this exclusivity, they want 424€ (in contrast, lowest price is about 356€). Or it's just a scam. They will charge an impatient soul that hefty price and then they will delay the delivery up to the October ;)

Malaya Mohanty

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

any confirmation for it being available in india too in october??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa