When is the next Windows Phone update for Cyan??

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi there lovely users and staff at Windows Phone Central.
I know that Lumia Cyan update has just came out and its fabulous but.... I have been having trouble with phone freeze while in Internet Explorer and it has caused restarts too. I have reset my phone and also used Nokia Software updater but to no avail it still happens. I was wondering when Cyan update 2 is going to be released? I read that Windows Phone 8.1 update 2 is in discussion. I just don't want to have my phone in developer mode to get it early as I dont like downgrading my phone as when I ran the updater from Nokia my phone was unresponsive and the firmware downgrade failed so I had to redo it again. I just don't want to cause my phone to lose speed ie wear out my CPU constantly upgrading and downgrading.

Sent using my Nokia Lumia 520 via the Windows Phone Central app

vassilis1924

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey!
Well just to clarify so I can help you better:
Cyan is the Nokia firmware that comes with Windows Phone 8.1
That should be what you have now.
The next update will be Windows Phone 8.1.1 and will include Nokia Denim firmware.
It doesn't really matter to the average user so no worries! :)

To the point now:
Windows Phone 8.1.1 with Denim is said to be released in the coming months (maybe in November), but as with every other update, we don't know for sure which device will get it and when. So for that matter, just be patient :)

Indeed this update will bring some improvements for Internet Explorer.

Now I have a question for you:
Does your phone freeze only when you use Internet Explorer, or randomly?

P.S. Don't worry about Downgrading/Updating. It won't harm your phone in any way. The only risk is for the process to be interrupted for some reason. That can freeze your phone, but even then you can restore it.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi there Vassilis1924. The phone freeze only happens when accessing IE all the other apps are fine its just on IE. I have downloaded Opera Mini beta as I love it. I just cant wait for it to be a stable app as I find it quicker the IE. I have put my phone into developer mode to try and see would that work and to no avail. Its just really bugging me. I am on facebook or reading through an article on the net and freeze if im lucky my phone will say resuming and head back to the home screen.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello djeire84

A few questions:

1. Please provide your firmware and OS version numbers (in settings > extras & info)
2. Please explain how you reproduce the crash, or if you can't reproduce it consistently, give us an idea how regularly you encounter it and under what circumstances
3. Do you also experience IE crashes if you first close all other apps before you use IE
4. Did you use the backup feature to restore your phone's state, after having flashed your phone?

The above would help establish what exactly we're talking about.

Unfortunately, nobody can tell you exactly when you will receive WP8.1 update 2 over official channels. That depends on the entity that is responsible for your device. Most often that will be the carrier where you bought your phone, but every carrier in the world has a different schedule for releasing WP updates, and none of them make that schedule public.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello djeire84

A few questions:

1. Please provide your firmware and OS version numbers (in settings > extras & info)
2. Please explain how you reproduce the crash, or if you can't reproduce it consistently, give us an idea how regularly you encounter it and under what circumstances
3. Do you also experience IE crashes if you first close all other apps before you use IE
4. Did you use the backup feature to restore your phone's state, after having flashed your phone?

The above would help establish what exactly we're talking about.

Unfortunately, nobody can tell you exactly when you will receive WP8.1 update 2 over official channels. That depends on the entity that is responsible for your device. Most often that will be the carrier where you bought your phone, but every carrier in the world has a different schedule for releasing WP updates, and none of them make that schedule public.

Hi there I got a critical update for Devs last week and it seemed to sort out the freeze. I can browse IE for a lomg time and no crash. Phone seems to be running as smooth as the first time I bought it over a year ago. Only problem though is autocorrect. Its really bugging me when I type in "time" it keeps changing it to "Tim" when I want to type "Last" it changes to "Las" they are only but a few examples. Takes me ages to type a message because i have to keep going back and rewriting the message. I have over 200 words per minute on typing and it sucks. :(

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have that same issue with it on spelling ill say some thing then changes and am on dev preview

Oh my god its so iinfuriating. I have to retype and edit posts and I just cant understand why the keyboard and autocorrect are so poor. I have an old Nokia 6303i Classic with the old T9 predictive text and its so much faster and 90% accurate. I wish we had the option of downloading T9 and adding it to our phone. An official download from Microsoft themselves. I installed a third party app for T9 I had to pay 0.99euro and it only works for typing the first text in the thread when my friend replys to my text the T9 app fails to work so reverts back to the keyboard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786