Screen Protector for lumia 1020 Needed?

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I don't have much experience with smartphones(got my first smartphone like a year and half ago) so I am sure not if I need a "Screen Protector" or not. I am getting a case but I am not sure if I need that plastic stuff for the screen. I always see on another forum deals for "XtremeGuard" stuff but no clue if it is good or if I really need it.

I know in my local mall I see them selling some sort of screen protector for $1.5 and if I want them to do it, it's an extra $5.

My last phoned I had was the lumia 800 and I just had a rubber case and no screen protector. The gorilla glass seemed to do a good job as I never had any scratches on the screen.

Also does this protector stuff effect those special gloves that allow you to still use your phone while it is cold out?

Cameron Todd

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Its really a personal choice. I never use one and haven't had any scratches as all. But I am also pretty careful with my phone.best is to just try one as they not expensive to buy.

jjmorgan64

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
With the super sensitive touch turned on you do not need the special gloves on the 1020, almost any gives will still type.
But yes they do not typically alter touch sensitivity.

socalgunner

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Are they needed, probably not... But if your going to invest the money in a nice phone then why not spend the extra $5 on a little protection. I personally always put one on the day I get a new phone (too often) and it always pays off. The screen protector I currently have on my 1020 looks like it has been dragged through the parking lot behind my car. I feel better knowing that the screen under it is brand new!

vraev

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah... for 5$ I highly recommend it. I have read a lot about GG3 being prone to scratches. In fact there is a video on youtube talking about how the 1020 can get microscratches on the screen with careful use. For a phone I want to keep for a while until the next Lumia 55mp replacement comes along, its worth the protection. I think you will find it hard to find the screen protector, as depending on your location, windows phones may or may not be popular enough for stores to stock the films. I had to call a couple of stores to make sure they had one in stock.

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah... for 5$ I highly recommend it. I have read a lot about GG3 being prone to scratches. In fact there is a video on youtube talking about how the 1020 can get microscratches on the screen with careful use. For a phone I want to keep for a while until the next Lumia 55mp replacement comes along, its worth the protection. I think you will find it hard to find the screen protector, as depending on your location, windows phones may or may not be popular enough for stores to stock the films. I had to call a couple of stores to make sure they had one in stock.

Yea, I think I will try it but the price ranges from a $1 to $20 for a screen protector. It hard to tell what is good and what is bad(I don't know if a bad one could damage the screen by leaving resadue or something like that)

Like you said stores might not have it. The XtremeGuard I probalby will skip as it will take like 2-4 weeks till it comes so I am thinking now amazon.ca and I think I might get this one as I got a case from there and it seems pretty good.

I guess I will have to try not get scratches on it for the week it takes to get here.

VetDuarte

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Correctly applied, one doesn't even notice:

3a8ujene

ezajebup

egyzyta4

Enviado via Lumia 1020

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I've used armorsuit, sold on amazon. Its a wet install,but simple. They are relatively cheap and tough. They even have case friendly ones.

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Well I got the screen protector and tried to install it but failed twice. I then bought in the US some universal pack and asked 2 other people I know to try it(one who did it on their own phone...android phone) and they both failed.

So not sure what to do. I might just go to the mall and see if any of the stores that install have for the lumia 1020(what I doubt).

I just could not get the air bubbles to go away. I could get the big ones gone but the small ones would not go away no matter what I tried.

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Well I got the screen protector and tried to install it but failed twice. I then bought in the US some universal pack and asked 2 other people I know to try it(one who did it on their own phone...android phone) and they both failed.

So not sure what to do. I might just go to the mall and see if any of the stores that install have for the lumia 1020(what I doubt).

I just could not get the air bubbles to go away. I could get the big ones gone but the small ones would not go away no matter what I tried.

applying a screen protector can be a nasty business. I had been trying to apply screen protectors for most of my previous phones, mostly ending up in quite a disaster. You are not alone with bad screen protectors bubbles.

the smaller bubbles you are facing are probably micro dust particles. I had tried to eliminate them through continuously pressing and squeezing the air pocket around the dust - takes a long time and patience.
What this does is getting rid of the air pocket around the dust that are making the spot so visible, and leaving the dust in there, in a vacuum fit. Surprisingly this way of 'concealing the dust' works pretty well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon