Verizon / Nokia Icon / Cyan

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
It's looking that way. Hit them on Twitter, Facebook, their chat feature on their website and call them.

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Yeah... This is getting ridiculous now. What the heck is Verizon waiting for... They can't still be testing. Seems like people on DP are being punished.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Really, what is cyan going to do that DP 8.1 doesn't? I know there are a few bugs like the turn-on lag, but from what I understand, cyan does not always fix that. Just sign up for a free developer account, download 8.1 and enjoy.

PhalanxPunx

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Really, what is cyan going to do that DP 8.1 doesn't? I know there are a few bugs like the turn-on lag, but from what I understand, cyan does not always fix that. Just sign up for a free developer account, download 8.1 and enjoy.

As it has been mentioned before, Cyan comes with numerous updates that are not included in the DP release, especially with the camera.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Good grief, the majority of us have 8.1 DP. But it has features stripped out of it that the Cyan update will bring back. Example, BT 4.0 does not work in 8.1 DP

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I personally have given up on Cyan, I don't want them to send it down, I want them to send down Denim...If they send that out in a few weeks BEFORE any other carriers (esp in the US), they will be forgiven in my eyes for the screwup and delay on Cyan....

I am really looking forward to saying "Hey Cortana"...and getting 4K video...as I already have all the features(for the most part) of Cyan...

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I personally have given up on Cyan, I don't want them to send it down, I want them to send down Denim...If they send that out in a few weeks BEFORE any other carriers (esp in the US), they will be forgiven in my eyes for the screwup and delay on Cyan....

I am really looking forward to saying "Hey Cortana"...and getting 4K video...as I already have all the features(for the most part) of Cyan...

Well, given Verizons failure to release Cyan I would not hold my breath for a quick release on Denim either. They need to get their act together.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Cyan is a firmware update that has several Nokia ONLY goodies that are not found in WP8.1.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

BT LE is a huge improvement, as I have peripherals that can use it. Also, SensorCore isn't available on the Icon until it gets Cyan. Right now, my Lumia 635 has more relevant functionality than my Icon, despite the Icon having Update 1 on it.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
don't forget Miracast, great feature.
But more importantly are the Camera Enhancements and SensorCore.
There is no reason we should have been made to wait this long.

Last edited:

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
question? what is it in Cyan you are looking for that we don't already have in the DP download.

All of the Microsoft/Nokia goodies like Lumia Camera, Refocus, Panorama, Creative Studio, "Hey Cortana" (Denim release) 4k video recording (Denim release), firmware updates to turn on BT4.0 support, just to name a few. Of course, HTC and Samsung have their own goodies too, but Microsoft/Nokia has a whole bunch of stuff that Samsung and HTC users won't get.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo