Need Help!! Urgent

Nok31

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I bought this phone around 3 months ago.. it used to work all fine + could connect it via usb cables to my PC and transfer musics + videos.. But then one day while I was using my computer it suddenly exploded and stopped working. Later on I found out every device connected to the multi-plug had stopped working. I had my PC, Android tablet and my phone connected on it. My tablet and phone started acting weird, the battery life became so poor at the first few hours I wasn't able to charge my phone but then when I used my hand and bend the other end of the charger while plugged it on the phone it charged and then I had to reset the phone that fixed my phone from not being able to charge but on the other hand I had to replace the power supply on my PC.

From this incident onwards I cannot use my phone while its being charged with its battery life on its edge otherwise it dies, Plus the battery life has gone pretty low. Also I cannot get my computer to recognize my phone, I tried connecting it to different computers it still doesn't recognize it. I don't know either I have to buy a new nokia 1020 charger or get the battery changed or the charging port of my phone changed. Can someone please help me.

Last edited:

AnestisL820

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: different case of Computer not recognizing my Nokia lumia 1020 phone..

it is not recommended ASAIK to charge through USB... it takes much much longer to charge the battery that makes it worse... try to charge it normally and if the battery is still poor then you may propably need to change it...

Nok31

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: different case of Computer not recognizing my Nokia lumia 1020 phone..

I was using the proper one that I got on the package.. It still dies if its on the edge of its battery life and Im using it to browse or some other apps while its being charged. The main problem I'm more concerned with it is I still cannot get the computer to recognize it.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Volume Down + Power Button for about 10-15 seconds. This will restart your phone, without losing any personal data. ;)

Try this then report back. :)

Nok31

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I've already tried that more than 3 times.. Lost everything in it but couldn't get it back to get recognized by my computer

Illumi-Llama

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
It sounds like you have had an overvoltage fault in your power supply. Did it happen on any other circuits in your house? If so, contact your local electricity distribution company as it may be a faulty incoming neutral, which is a fire risk. However, I hope your phone and stuff was insured - most things don't survive neutral faults.

BTW, I hope I am wrong and it is something else.

Nok31

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
It sounds like you have had an overvoltage fault in your power supply. Did it happen on any other circuits in your house? If so, contact your local electricity distribution company as it may be a faulty incoming neutral, which is a fire risk. However, I hope your phone and stuff was insured - most things don't survive neutral faults.

BTW, I hope I am wrong and it is something else.

Nope it was just the devices that were connected to the extension multi plug

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
As you have probably figured electrical devices really don't like being hit with lots of leccy at the wrong time, whatever happened to your power strip obviously didn't do your PC, tablet or phone much good.

I take it from your post that once charged the phone is actually working OK (You only mention the charge issue and the phone not being seen by the PC's), on that basis I would consider the cheapest option first, a new USB cable, if that isn't the issue then maybe a new battery will cure the charging but I doubt that would have a bearing on the not being seen by the PC so that takes it further up the chain, can you take the phone to a phone repair shop to see if they can charge it or recognise it, if it isn't the cable or the battery, then it is probably the connection area of the phone, but who would know without having tools to trace the issue.

Bob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel