Just got my Lumia 1520 again...

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Just bought a Lumia 1520 and just was using phone in bed and realise the lcd is faulty :( I've added some pics if you'd like to see...

altAj687LY68LPfWt-EMdUFMSB85RSX7NMz7DOg6AYpE2ou.jpgaltAlCMWYYh8tNteRHp3GTGrrwIcDlnD7XjjntzlxwLn6gK.jpg

Last edited:

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately it is not... I'll upload a picture when on a computer soon! But please try this experiment with your own Lumia 1520. Go in a dark room and put on automatic brightness... Then using the display settings put brightness to lowest setting for automatic display. Does it become unevenly lit? Please some one let me know, I just got this phone again and haven't had heat issues at all... Lasts about 3 days moderate usage and plays asphalt and those games at a cool temperature. But unfortunately just wondering about the screen because it is unevenly lit in a dark room. Many thanks

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Only on very low brightness my phone does that, otherwise its fine during the day... It only happens like I said in the dark, however I really don't want to go through the hassle to return it, do you think the LCD would eventually fail? I'll upload pictures of it on normal low, medium and high brightness where the screen is absolutely fine. But I guess you guys are right it is a fault if none of you guys can replicate this issue. I'll upload the pictures soon thanks again 😊

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
You have to think in advances...would the screen start to bleed light? The hassle of returning it is nothing compared to having a dead screen. I would get a replacement before the expiry runs out....and let Microsoft know too on their live chat. 9/10 they will give you free apps or credit to your wallet as they need all the users they can get at the mo and pretty sure they wont want you to go to apple

WDavis4692

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes I get this too but it's easily remedied on 8.1 CYAN, NOT DP. On 8.1 you'll find custom brightness profiles. Simply set the lowest brightness to the minimum point where the backlight is universally-lit and the dark-area is hidden.

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I understand where you're coming from switch side method, there's always that risk and hell no to apple and I absolutely dislike android, frankly there are apps on windows phone which android and ios literally don't have. I have done that WDavis4692 but the worry would be if in future the LCD gives up I will have no phone xD. I spoke to seller and he said he'd give a full refund but I don't want to be without a phone for 2 weeks.

I am getting paid next Wednesday I think I'll keep it till then and when I get paid I'll order one through amazon prime and compare the two and then return the faulty one. However the thing is wdavis4692 how long have you had your phone?

Also what's the link for Microsoft live chat?

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
This is not a defect in the phone...it's probably within tolerances.
The suggestion to set the minimum brightness level is a great one.

I've had devices do this since they've come with backlit screens.

There are far worse issues going on with the 1520 that can affect you in all environments so try not to get too hung up about this one.

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
This is not a defect in the phone...it's probably within tolerances.
The suggestion to set the minimum brightness level is a great one.

I've had devices do this since they've come with backlit screens.

There are far worse issues going on with the 1520 that can affect you in all environments so try not to get too hung up about this one.
Unfortunately the screen does not ssmoothly dim down it flickers, something suggests there is an issue with the LCD as others suggested I am returning the phone very very soon 😊 and heads up Lumia 1520 @ amazon for just ?392.99

neenaw1

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I've have a 1520 since march and all has been fine but recently I have a burned out pixel,dropped calls everytime and the screen keeps freezing every day.
Think its time to jump back onto android I think

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss