Unable to delete temporary files in my lumia 1320 8.1

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I was trying to open a .zip file on my phone that was around 510MB and when I click on that firstly it was opening then I got error by MS OFFICE that "there is not enough space to open this file" and now I have 510.22MB temporary files in my phone and I tried several times to delete them but it didn't make any deferance. And I also tried some cleaning applications and they are also not working. Please tell me what to do in my Lumia 1320 8.1 phone. . . .

What APP were you using to open the .zip file ? (MS Office ?)
You may be able to go there, to delete it.

In Storage Sense (or Files), check your downloads folder for this .zip file.
Once you find (& delete) it, check Storage Sense for TEMP files, then press DELETE, it'll (also) clear up files sorted to OTHER.

bro, if everything else fails, you'll need to do a hard reset (loss of data) or live with it.

Mandiiip

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
What APP were you using to open the .zip file ? (MS Office ?)
You may be able to go there, to delete it. In Storage Sense (or Files), check your downloads folder for this .zip file.
Once you find (& delete) it, check Storage Sense for TEMP files, then press DELETE, it'll (also) clear up files sorted to OTHER.

bro, if everything else fails, you'll need to do a hard reset (loss of data) or live with it.

I am able to delete that file from FILES app or by my PC but I am not able to clear my temporary files in storage sense. . . .

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I am able to delete that file from FILES app or by my PC but I am not able to clear my temporary files in storage sense. . . .

then shutdown / restart the phone & check Storage Sense when you get back in ... you should be able to delete some TEMPORARY FILES

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I find that storage sense is useless for clearing temp files. But Lumia storage does I no problem

Hey switch, I've had good luck with Storage Sense (& NO luck w Lumia Storage check) - dunno what's different ?

I'm running Lumia CYAN w Dev Preview update 1 on a Lumia 1520.2 ...

Mandiiip

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
then shutdown / restart the phone & check Storage Sense when you get back in ... you should be able to delete some TEMPORARY FILES

Brother I am also a techie.
I can do whatever I want with any Windows OS (PC) and these are the primary Aid for any computer which we can try to fix any issue with any computer and I have done all those things like " restarting, cleaning, shutdown, storage cleaner, date change to remove temps, flight mode, time zone changing, use apps to remove/clean cache, soft reset, etc, etc ,etc . . .. "
And now please tell is there anything else that I can do to fix this issue. . . . 😞

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Brother I am also a techie.
I can do whatever I want with any Windows OS (PC) and these are the primary Aid for any computer which we can try to fix any issue with any computer and I have done all those things like " restarting, cleaning, shutdown, storage cleaner, date change to remove temps, flight mode, time zone changing, use apps to remove/clean cache, soft reset, etc, etc ,etc . . .. "
And now please tell is there anything else that I can do to fix this issue. . . . 😞

Hard reset , bro ...

Edward Aguilar

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Hard reset is the only option. I have that problem yesterday with 1gb Temp Files and 800 MB Others. I hard reset and it was gone but my battery life was bad, really bad so I soft reset and it's all good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb