Unable to delete temporary files in my lumia 1320 8.1

Mandiiip

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday I was trying to open a .zip file on my phone that was around 510MB and when I click on that firstly it was opening then I got error by MS OFFICE that "there is not enough space to open this file" and now I have 510.22MB temporary files in my phone and I tried several times to delete them but it didn't make any deferance. And I also tried some cleaning applications and they are also not working. Please tell me what to do in my Lumia 1320 8.1 phone. . . .

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I was trying to open a .zip file on my phone that was around 510MB and when I click on that firstly it was opening then I got error by MS OFFICE that "there is not enough space to open this file" and now I have 510.22MB temporary files in my phone and I tried several times to delete them but it didn't make any deferance. And I also tried some cleaning applications and they are also not working. Please tell me what to do in my Lumia 1320 8.1 phone. . . .
use the files app to find the zip and delete it using the files app. It is the file manager released by Microsoft.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Temporary files increases as the number of apps, games increases, so if you have 510mb temporary files & it doesn't get deleted, I am sorry but that would be the minimum temporary files. Deletion of large sized apps/games could reduce some of temporary files. Try if it works

Mandiiip

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Temporary files increases as the number of apps, games increases, so if you have 510mb temporary files & it doesn't get deleted, I am sorry but that would be the minimum temporary files. Deletion of large sized apps/games could reduce some of temporary files. Try if it works

No bro it happened yesterday just after that when I open that zip file before that it was normal around 20 - 30mb. . . .

Mandiiip

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Volume down + power button for about 10-15 seconds.

Another suggestion is set the date forward by a couple years, then clear it again. Once it clears, set the date back to normal and your good to go.

I tried that date thing but it is not working.

Ok and if I will do that soft reset then what it will do with my phone. Am I gona to lose my apps and data ???. . ..

j3angerz

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Step 1 : Turn off all internet connection ( 3G , Wifi , .... )
Step 2 : change date and time to 100 - 200 years later
Step 3 : Use Storage cleaner to clean it up

Mandiiip

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
So have u tried connect your phone with PC and see u can find the .zip file ? Btw . 500mb of temp file isn't big .

Bro as we all know windows phone does not allow us to have look on its system files so how can we find temporary files in it's file system. . . .

Mandiiip

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
So have u tried connect your phone with PC and see u can find the .zip file ? Btw . 500mb of temp file isn't big .

I also have FILES app on my phone through which I can see that there is a file that I was trying to open that that time but I am not able to delete that temporary files from storage check. . . .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte