Lumia 520 vs MotoE and Moto G

satrus08

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Are you going to keep the 520? If so then I recommend Moto G. I find it extremely fun and satisfying to have a phone of both ecosystems. Also my friend has a Moto G. I can vouch for the really good quality of it

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
1st up, you'll have to chose between android & WP based on your needs such as apps & whether you use Google services,etc.

In case you do choose WP over Android, then as stated above, you should go for L530.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Don't buy Windows Phone or Android.

simply buy the best phone.

Moto G offer superior specs & performance.
So, it's the best phone in this range

kevdogg3291

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I am still searching for the new phone.

I know that for $50 i can get a new 520 and be just as content with having a back up.

Being a USA customer, I have not seen a 530 anywhere, have seen the 635 that has perked my interest, but it is also 2 520's in price. Is the 635 worth the price difference?

The Moto E is out upon further research. I cannot justify paying 2 Lumia 520''s for it.

I thought of a Moto G first generation. I do not need a 5 inch screen. I need battery life on a phone. I don't need LTE as 4G HSPA is good enough for me. I do need an MicroSD slot, so I am forced to either the LTE Moto G, or the second Gen. which will cost me 3-4 Lumia 520's.

Other than having issues with the phone osculating between full and no signal in a strong signal area, I am OK with the Lumia 520, but not sure about spending $50 on the same phone again.

I also would like a white phone, as I am tired of a black one.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I am still searching for the new phone.

I know that for $50 i can get a new 520 and be just as content with having a back up.

Being a USA customer, I have not seen a 530 anywhere, have seen the 635 that has perked my interest, but it is also 2 520's in price. Is the 635 worth the price difference?

The Moto E is out upon further research. I cannot justify paying 2 Lumia 520''s for it.

I thought of a Moto G first generation. I do not need a 5 inch screen. I need battery life on a phone. I don't need LTE as 4G HSPA is good enough for me. I do need an MicroSD slot, so I am forced to either the LTE Moto G, or the second Gen. which will cost me 3-4 Lumia 520's.

Other than having issues with the phone osculating between full and no signal in a strong signal area, I am OK with the Lumia 520, but not sure about spending $50 on the same phone again.

I also would like a white phone, as I am tired of a black one.

If I were you, I'll surely be hesitant to buy the same phone, but as you said that 530 is not available, you can go for 520. if 630/635 fits in your budget, buy it.

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 520 currently. I am looking to either get a second 520, or a Moto E, or G.

As a developer, let me answer this question for you...

My first smart phone was a Moto G - returned.
Problem: Limited functionality.

My second smart phone is a Moto X developers version.
Problem: Android

My third smart phone is a 520
Problem: With 8.1, none so far

My moto x ($400) is used only as a control device for Chromecast. Sits in the living room on a coffee table, SIM removed.

My 520 ($104) with goes everywhere with me. Love it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire