Dropped my phone, black screen but touch works !?!?

mmc-dsm

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Today I dropped my 1020 on the ground. Glass is not shattered, in fact it is in perfect conditon.

Nothing appears on the screen, remains black. But the weird thing is that the phone gives me feedback on touch. I can slide out of standy because I hear the click. Can also slide the power off.

Can my screen be broken but still continue to work on touch?

rkarolak

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it can. The touch screen is kinda blended with the glass, and the screen is separated of the glass.

Like Aviskri said, it is possible. There are layers to the screen - there is the LCD and on top of that there is the digitizer. It's possible that somehow your LCD was damaged but your digitizer layer is still okay.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Or, it got unplugged some how. Either way, you'll have to open the device up, so either send it in, or look inside yourself. There's videos on YouTube on how. :)

Prabhu Ramasamy1

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I had my Lumia 730 broke the same way. Can you please point me to the youtube videos or the search terms to get the videos?

I'm in desperate need of help.

Thanks

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
The 1020 is arguably the easiest phone to fix screens etc. Just pop out your sim holder, get a slim torx driver and release the clamp. Your screen can pop out then, and you can see if your plug just became dislodged. I am not sure if the rest of the Lumia line has this type of retaining system for the screen, if so, NOKIA is really thinking about design. I hope MS keep that way of attaching screens. Apples and others are hell trying to get a screen replaced.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz