Ditching my Note 3. 1520 or 930?

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Now that's a misconception people have about the 1320
It can be compared to a 1520 and a 930 ,sure the camera is worse than my 720 but its still wayy above Samsung's 8MP cameras etc and isn't bad at all
Its screen and ram etc are wayy better than most other phones and its rather fast in operation,sometimes even beating my 820 which is a bit surprising
This isn't android where different range phones cannot be compared
In windows phone,even a 520 user gets his support and updates etc and no lag

While I am accursed by many of you by merely telling OP to consider something other than a Windows Phone, due to screen size.

When most of you unnecessarily bash Android in a thread that has *NOTHING* at all to do with having a phone wars, no one talks some sense into you.

If I just say he should consider a 5.5 inch device ---> Everyone loses their mind.

If someone else bashes Android ---> It's okay to be biased because it's a forum for Windows Phone users and clearly they can't be balanced.

Truly what a blessed world we live in.

mhans311

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow some WP users are HOSTILE! I like WP and everything but I also don't immediately label people trolls for simply suggesting something other than a WP. Sheesh. No wonder the reviewers often comment about how crazy WP users can be in comment sections.

Ejiro Eghwofobe

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
As a new WP user these forums make me sad. It's a phone people. Not a cult or some sort of gang. You can like more than one platform. You don't have to choose or bash. I love Android and ios and now I love Windows too! Stop acting like choosing a phone makes you an elite member of some exclusive club. It's just a phone. Smdh.

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the Icon.....Battery life on the Developer Preview is really good - well in comparison to my previous Android Phones that had trouble making it to dinner time without being charged. I go home with anywhere between 40-60% battery left depending on my usage each day - that's using Developer Preview, no Cyan firmware.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the Icon.....Battery life on the Developer Preview is really good - well in comparison to my previous Android Phones that had trouble making it to dinner time without being charged. I go home with anywhere between 40-60% battery left depending on my usage each day - that's using Developer Preview, no Cyan firmware.

Did Cyan make the battery life better or worse? Do you know?

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, the main expectation I have from 1520 is that Internet Explorer is exactly as it is on my tablet, Asus TF810. I have used a lot of Android phones and always been frustrated the way it handled videos and sites like YouTube. It was a nightmare to try and watch something on YouTube while being in desktop mode. I almost always had to use the mobile app, which was limiting availability of some videos.
My TF810 works EXACTLY like my computer, except it's much slower (still has no issues playing 1080p videos). I think that Snapdragon 800 is also faster than my Atom tablet which I bought almost 2 years ago.

I hope for your sake IE runs like the tablet version, because i can tell you my L1020 running 8.1 did not run the same as my Pro 2. I had issues with a bunch of sites not working properly, likely due to the support of IE will get better. More specifically, sites that use the mobile menu system (3 horizontal lines) gave me a bunch of issues and some sites didnt render properly on IE WP. There are more browsers coming to WP which is good news, IE will get the support but may take some time.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Wow some WP users are HOSTILE! I like WP and everything but I also don't immediately label people trolls for simply suggesting something other than a WP. Sheesh. No wonder the reviewers often comment about how crazy WP users can be in comment sections.

Yeah, I am now and have been a moderator on many large forums and his posts didn't register a .0001 on my troll gauge. Was sorry to see him get jumped on.

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

Honestly, it is a little bit unnecessary to refer to phones out of the jurisdiction of what the OP was considering, but it's also unnecessary to be so hateful about it.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes, its unnecessary to refer to the phones out of the jurisdiction of what OP wants. But no one is hateful about it. Salmanahmad in every thread bashes WP, always, in every thread. Myself & Karthik Naik know that. The title of the thread is quite clear enough that OP wants a phone between 930&1520, so why are people here giving him other options, is it necessary? Even If it is there's something known as 'private messaging' in forums. We should try to stick to the topic of the thread. Even I love iOS, but that doesn't mean I give OP options to consider iPhone 5s/6/6+. If someone just wants to compare Android phones with WP then we all are free to make a new thread. Aren't we?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
While I am accursed by many of you by merely telling OP to consider something other than a Windows Phone, due to screen size.

When most of you unnecessarily bash Android in a thread that has *NOTHING* at all to do with having a phone wars, no one talks some sense into you.

If I just say he should consider a 5.5 inch device ---> Everyone loses their mind.

If someone else bashes Android ---> It's okay to be biased because it's a forum for Windows Phone users and clearly they can't be balanced.

Truly what a blessed world we live in.

get over it
you are in wpcentral not androidcentral

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes, its unnecessary to refer to the phones out of the jurisdiction of what OP wants. But no one is hateful about it. Salmanahmad in every thread bashes WP, always, in every thread. Myself & Karthik Naik know that. The title of the thread is quite clear enough that OP wants a phone between 930&1520, so why are people here giving him other options, is it necessary? Even If it is there's something known as 'private messaging' in forums. We should try to stick to the topic of the thread. Even I love iOS, but that doesn't mean I give OP options to consider iPhone 5s/6/6+. If someone just wants to compare Android phones with WP then we all are free to make a new thread. Aren't we?

Wait wait...if it's unnecessary to recommend phones other than 930 and 1520 , why did you agree with a person on page 4 when he said that the OP should consider a Lumia 1320? I don't understand that when a guy recommended a "Windows Phone" other than the 930 and 1520 you we're fine with it, infact both of you actually said it was a good option to consider.

I may have been biased in some threads, I'm willing to admit that, but argue with me on those threads because clearly both of you said the 1320 was a good option to consider, Karthik went as far as to insult Android in the process of recommending the device.

The OP said that he considered a 5 inch device possibly too small and 6 could be a bit bigger, so I just told him to consider a 5.5 inch device and so far Windows Phone doesn't have one. But I just gave a small suggestion, unlike Karthik I didn't insult Windows Phone while suggesting a few more phones to the OP.

In this thread, both of *YOU* have recommended a product that the OP didn't even mention, I just mentioned it.

Go over your mistakes before blaming others.

get over it
you are in wpcentral not androidcentral

What is that supposed to mean? Does that mean that no on WPCentral is capable of being fair? And I should expect hate for iOS and Android?

Congratulations, you convinced me.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Wait wait...if it's unnecessary to recommend phones other than 930 and 1520 , why did you agree with a person on page 4 when he said that the OP should consider a Lumia 1320? I don't understand that when a guy recommended a "Windows Phone" other than the 930 and 1520 you we're fine with it, infact both of you actually said it was a good option to consider.

I may have been biased in some threads, I'm willing to admit that, but argue with me on those threads because clearly both of you said the 1320 was a good option to consider, Karthik went as far as to insult Android in the process of recommending the device.

The OP said that he considered a 5 inch device possibly too small and 6 could be a bit bigger, so I just told him to consider a 5.5 inch device and so far Windows Phone doesn't have one. But I just gave a small suggestion, unlike Karthik I didn't insult Windows Phone while suggesting a few more phones to the OP.

In this thread, both of *YOU* have recommended a product that the OP didn't even mention, I just mentioned it.

What is that supposed to mean? Does that mean that no on WPCentral is capable of being fair? And I should expect hate for iOS and Android?

Clearly, if the OP wanted a phone with a screen between 6 and 5 inches running anything other than WP, he would not have posted here at WPCentral. Since he has posted at a Windows phone forum, he CLEARLY INTENDS TO BUY A WP. So why suggest him any other OS when he had already decided that he wants a WP? Stop behaving like a troll, use some common sense please.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Please read the ops statement. He has decided between a 1520 and 930 already. He has decided to get a WP, and is sick of Android, so why suggest him Android again?. Waste of time. Dunno why you Android trolls keep coming here in WPC.

Yeah, they just won't understand

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Clearly, if the OP wanted a phone with a screen between 6 and 5 inches running anything other than WP, he would not have posted here at WPCentral. Since he has posted at a Windows phone forum, he CLEARLY INTENDS TO BUY A WP. So why suggest him any other OS when he had already decided that he wants a WP? Stop behaving like a troll, use some common sense please.

Considering that the 5.5 inch devices like the iPhone 6 Plus and OnePlusOne are a bit less known to consumers, I just found it worthy to mention them.

Is that really so wrong? I didn't even insult Windows Phone, I told him reasons to get a 930 or reasons to get a 1520...couldn't I just give him one small suggestion?

I mean when I suggested iPhone or Android, I didn't go onto insulting Windows Phone I just thought it would be useful to OP.

Again, I'm not forcing him to buy it.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Talk all you want, a 1320 user just told that its a good phone, i agreed because even I use the same phone. I never said that OP should buy one. Even that 1320 user told that its a good phone for the money.
As OP can afford 1520, which is twice the price of 1320, so why would I or any other person recommend 1320? You don't even get the basics of what we talk here right? YOU NEVER GET MY POINT IN ANY THREAD(YOU JUST ASSUME ANYTHING THAT I'VE NEVER SAID) & JUST TALK OF ANYTHING THAT COMES TO YOUR MIND...

mhans311

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Whoa this thread is out of control. In case anyone missed it, the op already made his choice. Like 4 pages ago. This whole conversation is all moot now anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb