Take RAW pictures to really show off your Icon

Richard Servello

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Yes I do. It uses DNG as its RAW capture file format. I then can download and process in either Photoshop or Lightroom. I can event process and edit on the phone using Rawer.

Again, how are you shooting raw? Cyan is required...which we obviously don't have. Only options I have is jpeg.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Huh, that's weird.

Just took this -- WP8/GDR3/Black, Lumia Camera Classic:

d33d6bc40126290eb72bcbcb77243a37.png

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Your phone hates you. Have you bought it flowers lately?

That is really weird -- and that is about as recent app version as you can get.

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
What version are you using? 8.6.0.254 is the latest version.

Edit: I just updated to 8.7.0.309. Keep in mind Adobe Camera Raw is not a stand alone app. It is a plugin that is used by Adobe products such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Bridge; and is baked into Lightroom.

At the time (the day before my post) I downloaded the latest version they had. But I didn't know it wasn't a standalone app. I was hoping I didn't have shell out any money to look at my raw pictures.

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
You don't need a recent version for it to recognize the DNG files. In fact, I'm still using Adobe CS5.

Load up Adobe Bridge. Go to your DNG file. Right-click on the file and choose "open in camera raw". Your DNG file should load.

The reason why I recommend Camera Raw above the other options is for simplicity. With Camera Raw, all you need to know how to do is move sliders around. Anyone can move sliders. And the sliders are arranged in order of how you should edit the pictures. So you go from the top slider downward. Because all sliders affect the effects of the other sliders, they arranged the sliders in this sequence to reduce your random guessing.

I'll give that a try when i get home.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
At the time (the day before my post) I downloaded the latest version they had. But I didn't know it wasn't a standalone app. I was hoping I didn't have shell out any money to look at my raw pictures.

Yeah. Like onlysublime said you can open it through Adobe Bridge and make adjustments. You can save the image directly from Adobe Camera RAW, but you still need Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Bridge installed because Adobe Camera RAW is a plugin is accessed by Photoshop, Bridge, etc. not an actual stand alone program.

There are also a plenty of free RAW editors out there too (just Google them); or you can get Photoshop Elements that also uses Adobe Camera RAW and is not as intimidating as Photoshop or Lightroom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss