Have you updated to 8.1.1 on your Lumia 930?

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Just got ...14353.31002 fw update on my 930. Purple tint seems to be gone, but I'll see in a day or two. Also, colors seems to be nicer, especially cobalt- nicer blue, like old cobalt was. :)

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Just got ...14353.31002 fw update on my 930. Purple tint seems to be gone, but I'll see in a day or two. Also, colors seems to be nicer, especially cobalt- nicer blue, like old cobalt was. :)

That's good to hear! Can't wait to get my 930 back from repairs so I can install this update :D

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
How do I tell what region my phone is from. I bought it online, import obviously, as I'm in the US.
There is no "Carrier" under the "About Phone".

Under "extras+info" there is a Mobile Operator set as "000-TW", whatever that means.

UPDATE: Ok, figured out it's "Taiwan". Anyone with a Taiwan region 930 getting the update ?

Thanks,
Fred

Last edited:

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Updated as soon as i got back from my holiday in Mallorca on Tuesday. UK Sim free 930 on the 3 network.

Liking folders on the home screen! Not noticed any other changes.

Since3210

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Update has made things better but hasn't completely resolve bad display calibration for me. I can still see a tinted gray, especially in apps like the Video app which has gray backround (not black).

Funny thing, if I turn the display off while in app and then turn it on and resume, the tint issue magically dissapeares. Unfortunately, it's back after I exit the Video app.

I think this confirmes that it's a software issue and I hope they'll fix it soon.

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
It seems that the purple tint is gone, altough when on automatic brightness it shows up for a while when pulling down notification centre (if keyboard is opened).
Everything else seems ok, better than before! Interesting, but when in cobalt theme seems like it was long time ago on my 8x! :)

fdokos

Oct 21, 2011
www.greekberry.com
Greek cv, unbranded, unlocked, bought in Greece and being used with a Greek carrier, got the update last night. Everything looks great on the phone, and the purple tint is 90-95% gone!
Sent from Lumia 930

niteshade1975

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Cyprus with an unlocked/unbranded German CV 930 (without developer preview) and have yet to receive the update. This rollout seems to be playing out like a lottery. Has anyone with a German device received the update?

myself11

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Since the update, I can't set low levels of brightness as before. On the Display App, when I slide the brightness below medium (on low, medium or high levels), it does nothing. I'm really discontent about it and if someone could confirm the same happens with their phones, I would really appreciate it. Probably Microsoft did that to prevent the purple tint becoming more noticeable.

fdokos

Oct 21, 2011
www.greekberry.com
Just checked mine, and works just fine. Maybe you should try a soft reset, and if that doesn't work, a hard reset. I would even try reseting the phone using NRT, as a last resort!
Sent from Lumia 930

myself11

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I tried a soft reset and a hard reset and nothing. Gonna try Nokia Software Recovery Tool and install previous version.

EDIT: NRT and previous software version worked. Thanks, fdokos.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss