Fastest way to get everything back for Nokia Care Repair?

ArcticArrow

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

I am planning my second Nokia Care repair due to the 2nd microphone and Headset problem. It's sad I know but well, even though I hate restoring the phone again but since it's still within the warranty, so I better do this.

Question: How should I back up so that I dont have to setup everything new again?

- What about the live tile that I have set up, wallpaper, newsfeed from NextGen reader etc

Thanks!

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I am planning my second Nokia Care repair due to the 2nd microphone and Headset problem. It's sad I know but well, even though I hate restoring the phone again but since it's still within the warranty, so I better do this.

Question: How should I back up so that I dont have to setup everything new again?

- What about the live tile that I have set up, wallpaper, newsfeed from NextGen reader etc

Thanks!

Well, first of all, it's FROM Nokia, not "for." Grammar and syntax matter in our communications efforts.

Obviously, backup everything you can prior to sending it in.

My experience is that you WILL spend any number of hours setting things back up as you like them after you get the phone back. During your first boot and login to MS, there is an option to - my approximate words - reset from scratch or download backup. Obviously, choose the latter. It's really good for reinstalling SOME settings, address books, SMS messages. As to Start screen and finessed settings, forget it.

I've done this maybe six times. It sucks, but it is what it is. Cope with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte