iPhone 6 poor build quality vs Lumia 1520 - a tank.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
The problem with the iPhone 6 is that it's extremely flat at the back, unlike the HTC one which has a curve, which is harder to fold (bend).

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Apple reports only 9 people have complained about bending. I assume the others can't see through the tears to dial Apple CS or have convinced themselves if it bent and was from Apple it must be a good thing.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
someone should do a bend test on their lumia!!
ill do it if someone provides me with a 1520 to bend :D :p

We'll I'm not sure if it's been performed on a 1520, but Unbox Therapy did do a video on a Lumia 1020.

There was just a sound of a small crack, but everything else seemed to work fine even after a lot of pressure.

In the same test however the Moto X 2014 came out on top, followed closely by the M8 almost no creaks or weird sounds and very little to no bend.

anon67808

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 6 build quality in my opinion is sub-par. Here's a prime example: look up "crescent gate", "hair gate", "bend gate", etc. My wife's iPhone 6 had to go back to Apple the other day to have the front facing camera fixed because of shifting inside the phone casing (crescent gate). It is like two months old. They ended up putting an entire new front glass/front camera on it. Fine however, I'm sure it's just a matter of time until this one starts to shift as well. Also, every time she pulls the phone from her ear, her hair gets trapped in between the glass and the body of the phone (hair gate) and rips it out. Literally, she had a piece of hair ripped out and it was hanging from the phone. Seen it with my own eyes. The "genius" at the Apple store said he hasn't ever heard of any of these issues but if you Google any of them, all are very common issues. Leads me to believe that Apple is pumping things into store employee's heads by saying to deny any knowledge of these issues. Keep it hush hush. I felt like I had to take a shower after being in the Apple store because I felt so dirty being in close proximity to all the ***** Liberal hipsters and senior citizens taking classes on how to make a desktop folder. I dislike Apple.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon