Lumia 1020 still on Black after latest update

redserpent7

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have just updated my phone to 8.10.14176.243. I was running the 8.1 GDR1 and I thought the new update is supposed to install the Cyan firmware. Yet when I check Extras + Info it still says Lumia Black. Should I expect another update or is this the final version?

Andrew Elliott

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Same here, from what i gather that means we just have to check sort of once a day for the next week or so until it comes along and makes us happy. Its supposed to be a gradual sort of roll out apparently (in terms of cyan). Anyway you are not alone.

STi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem too, solved it by update with the Lumia recovery app for windows, you have to backup all things before as the application will format the phone to factory state..

redserpent7

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem too, solved it by update with the Lumia recovery app for windows, you have to backup all things before as the application will format the phone to factory state..

I just read you don't have to do this anymore and they are releasing cyan to all dev preview devices

bradhicks

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried going into your "Preview for developers" app and unticking "Enable Preview for Developers"?
I read somewhere that this can sometimes help with getting the update detected and installed. Don't know if it was co-incidence or not, but I did that yesterday with my phone, and today I finally had the CYAN update detect and install on mine.

Poorna1020

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried going into your "Preview for developers" app and unticking "Enable Preview for Developers"?
I read somewhere that this can sometimes help with getting the update detected and installed. Don't know if it was co-incidence or not, but I did that yesterday with my phone, and today I finally had the CYAN update detect and install on mine.

thanks this worked.

redserpent7

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

Didn't work for me I'm afraid

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Just checked my L1020 now for an update, and to my surprise there IS one. The latest one I received was a week ago, which brought my OS to 8.10.14176.243.
Now I'm hoping this one finally is CYAN.

Will update after installing.

Update 1: Says "Nokia Update for Windows Phone". Installing...

Update 2: It's CYAN!!! L1020 CV Philippines Dev Prev.
FRN: 3051.50009.1424.0009

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion