Anyone else dissapointed with the Lumia 920 camera ?

Shobin Drogan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried using a third party app to see if it solves the problem, btw nice integra :wink:. Looks like it could be completely software related.

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
The picture quality of L920 keep degrading after Portico till Black. And since L920 didn't receive picture algorithm upgrade from Cyan so that green cast is still there.

The truth is my previous L920 (on Portico) captured much much better image than current Black/Cyan
I couldn't have any picture like this one anymore with Black/Cyan no matter how much PP I put into it
11176111284_28b17c32f8_z.jpg

You can try to use another 3rd party camera app such as proShot to see if it can help you anything.

Now I'm using 1520, overall it has better detail than 920. I don't have green cast anymore, instead I have purple cast...

Lev VioN

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried using a third party app to see if it solves the problem, btw nice integra :wink:. Looks like it could be completely software related.

Which 3rd party app would you suggest ? I prefer free apps though :cool: . That's my elder brother's dc2 ! Too bad he wouldnt let me drive his car. :angry:

Lev VioN

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
The picture quality of L920 keep degrading after Portico till Black. And since L920 didn't receive picture algorithm upgrade from Cyan so that green cast is still there.

The truth is my previous L920 (on Portico) captured much much better image than current Black/Cyan
I couldn't have any picture like this one anymore with Black/Cyan no matter how much PP I put into it
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3710/11176111284_28b17c32f8_z.jpg

You can try to use another 3rd party camera app such as proShot to see if it can help you anything.

Now I'm using 1520, overall it has better detail than 920. I don't have green cast anymore, instead I have purple cast...

I've been trying to contact Nokia / Microsoft about the software issues but they're not replying my emails at all. Its kinda disappointing though , that is why i brought this topic here , hoping to find solutions. I did tried some 3rd party app but they're kind of laggy. The good ones are probably pay to use app :( .

Shobin Drogan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
You said the third party apps are kinda laggy, but does it stop that bluish tint or is it still showing up?
If the problem persists, i would personally just buy an app, maybe a few ringgit will be worth the money, i hate taking out money for apps but hey, at least you can use it in your next windows phone as well. You can always download it in trial to see which suits you best.
Plus, it looks like there is a small chance of a white balance issue, have you tried adjusting the white balance to see if it could solve the problem?
That's my elder brother's dc2 ! Too bad he wouldnt let me drive his car.
LOL i know that feel, my elder brother also rarely lets me drive his crz as well hah!

Lev VioN

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
yeah i tried using metamorphosa and camera 360 , they both gave the same result. Imo , buying 3rd party apps are no worth. Lumia is meant to be a camera phone which means we're already paid the money for the camera, lol. I might buy a camera app if the next update doesnt fix the problem. I did adjust the WB on nokia camera but the WB seems to exagerate the color way too much so I always used the auto mode.

I didnt even get a chance to touch the steering LOL. He be like " you dont know how to drive racing clutch blablabla."

Shobin Drogan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Yeah i still havent paid for a single app as well, my friend's 920 doesnt seem to have that problem, maybe you're just unlucky, worst case scenario you'd have to upgrade to a new phone, or find an app that stops the problem, OR if you are really desperate to fix it you can try a factory reset, and try it once more. Although if you've already tried it twice i doubt its going to magically fix.
I didnt even get a chance to touch the steering LOL. He be like " you dont know how to drive racing clutch blablabla."
Hahaha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo