Is anyone running the Developer Preview on HTC One (m8)

Dangerus

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Just want to know if the Developer Preview works on the HTC One (M8) that little sliding bar of main Icons makes me nervous. I would hate to have them disappear or have problems with them, since this is the first phone to have them (that I know of). Anyone know how it runs?

Michael

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Is there some advantage the rest of us are missing still running the OEM 8.1? I had the DP on my icon and the 8.1 on my HTC M8 is much smoother and quicker.

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Is there some advantage the rest of us are missing still running the OEM 8.1? I had the DP on my icon and the 8.1 on my HTC M8 is much smoother and quicker.

Some bugfixes and performance enhancements.

It should be noted that they were not specific about all of them, mostly being an 8.1.1 fix for some HTC and Nokia devices, and a storage upgrade bug.

So if its so minor they don't mention the various enhancements, chances are you won't notice them, either.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Since the only bug I ever have only occasionally is loss of one speaker starting music play back I'll not be concerned with it then. Thanks for your input.

originalstarlite

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I had my 8X on DP and it misfired on the original download of the preview, not installing 4 apps from the OS! Had to live with that, plus the infamous "old driver" problem that kept me from Update 1. So myself, I see nothing in this DP install that makes me yearn. I want my new M8 phone to have access to any HTC Updates that come in the near future. How is that for optimism!
Now when WP 9 goes into Preview, that may be another issue for a new thread.

tims4789

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to flash back to the original firmware since Verizon released an update? I'm nervous about installing the developer preview if I can't return to the original. I apologize if this has been asked before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs