Joining team Icon

al2fast

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
So I just scored an Icon off of swappa today, new. I'm excited to try it out and check out the camera. Current phone is LG g2 and it decided to crap out on a reboot. Awaiting a new logic board in the mail, $100, arghh. This after I already had to replace the microphone jack board recently. First mobile Windows device ever. Have to read up on how to get the 8.1 preview on it as soon as I find the thread.

Should be fine with the app selection, don't use many at all on Android.

Any good glass screen protectors out for it?

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Welcome aboard!
I'm also joining Team ICON today as well, but it's not my first Windows phone. I'm coming from the Nokia Lumia 928 which I loved for the most part. I honestly don't know about the screen protectors and stuff, but I do know that first chance I get I'm getting the Otterbox Defender series case for the Icon. I swear by those cases especially when I had my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and my various iPhones(3G, 4, and 5). Anyways welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy your new Lumia ICON!
CodeGunnerDev

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
A crappy cheap screen protector will take away from the look of the screen
Spend the money and get a quality one.
You won't go wrong with....
Skinomi TechSkin - Nokia Lumia Icon Screen Protector

Seriously, you get what you pay for with Screen Protectors.
This is the best case I have ever had for a phone. Black color case.

Amazon.com: CoverON? Kickstand Hard + Soft Dual Layer Hybrid Case for Nokia Lumia Icon 929 - Black Hard Purple Soft Silicone: Cell Phones & Accessories

I Highly recommend it.

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I am upgraded my 928 to the Icon and find it to be the perfect size. I am on DP (waiting for Cyan). I got the white phone which is kind of slippery but it's a heavy phone. I found the Incipio feather case to be perfect for the icon. It's weighs nothing and is very thin... Also, I found no need so far for a screen protector. The front glass is very durable and scratch resistant. Not a scratch on mine yet. Love the FM radio, listen without using data plan.

Only thing I don't like about it is the front speaker. It really collects lint and dirt and is hard to clean...

feather Ultra Thin Snap-On Case for Nokia Lumia Icon | Incipio

al2fast

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Any recommendations on a file Explorer app? I have es on Android and it is nice, can get to my smb share on home lan and can also manage my Dropbox files too. Would be nice to have one that could minimally do the smb/Windows shares. Does an ad blocker exist for wp?

Have the incipio feather case on my g2, I like it. Hope to score a glass screen protector. Cannot do the plastic style anymore, I got spoiled!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6