09-28-2014 01:12 PM
206 ... 23456 ...
tools
    then dont come to wpcentral if you love android so much
    go to android central and post such things
    newsflash i dont want to be part of the common crowd rather be different,thats how most of us bought a windows phone
    I never said that I didn't like Windows Phone, I merely wanted to say that not having Windows Phone 8.1 isn't a con of any device.

Having it, could be a con though(just saying).
    09-28-2014 04:55 AM
    The 830 isn't a flagship experience. You don't get a high-end CPU. You get a bottom-of-the-barrel (not exaggerating) GPU. You don't get 2 GB of RAM. They're already announcing features (Hey Cortana) that the 830 can't (not won't) get because of the poor SoC inside. You don't get a high-end camera, you get one with a slight resolution bump (and possibly a better OIS solution, undetermined) than the 2-year-old 920. You don't get a high-quality display, the 830's is actually a downgrade from the 920.

Oh, and it's 100% Microsoft's fault that there isn't a Nexus-like device. Of course, all a Nexus device for Microsoft would be is a Lumia that isn't crap, from a guts standpoint. All they'd need to do is refresh the 930 to a 935, giving it the IPS LCD of the 920/1520, and upping the SoC to the SD 805. That's all they'd have to do, but it's just too much to ask, apparently. How can you say it's not Microsoft's fault that Microsoft released a low-end device with a upper-mid-range price tag, while simultaneously marketing a low-end SoC as a flagship?
    You are in an android mindset where you think it's all about specs. Noooo! Windows phone and iOS is optimised to run well on hardware that might not be the best. Why would you need 2gb ram when the display is only 720p? That would boost the price up. The 400 is doing wonders on android for moto G users. The adreno 305 is better than the 225. The camera is high end. It's a pureview like the 920, higher resolution. Better OIS. Slimmer sensor. There isn't much of a difference from 720p and 768p (1280x720 vs 1280x768) at least now content can be displayed without bars because of the 16:9 ratio. It isn't a downgrade from the 920, it's actually an upgrade for 920 users that don't want to spend too much cash.

Microsoft made windows phone free. Over 20 new OEMs are making windows phones. However since its free, microsoft's own devices must make a profit or microsoft lose money. Software is microsoft's bread and butter. Google gets their money from advertising. That's why they can't make a nexus like device.

However I agree, they definitely should make a 935 however you shouldn't judge a book by its cover(unless the author is Google Android lool) the 520/530 have low end SoC but they perform well. Just remember if the snapdragon 400 combined with 1gb ram does well on android, imagine what it can do with WP?
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-28-2014 05:01 AM
    Well, we will never find the common denominator.

Someone says he is happy with its price and specs, other say that for this price (399€) you can buy a real flagship or pay half the price for these specs and then someone else says that he is happy with the price and specs and that he prefers the 830 over a Galaxy S4 with Lagdroid or a Lumia 930 (because SD card and glance).

Fine. I'm looking forward to early and heavy discounts (if Microsoft has some sense left). But who knows, maybe Microsoft is not interested in mass market success. Maybe they prefer sellin only a few of the devices and actually make some money with them.
    Compare this phone to an iPhone 5s or even a 6 in terms of specs and you'll understand what Microsoft mean by affordable flagship.
    09-28-2014 05:03 AM
    Oh stop this WP doesn't need a good CPU bull****. If you want to do more than email, light web browsing and calendar stuff, of course you need a strong cpu/gpu. 4k video isn't magically working because WP is so lightweight. And for the new camera tricks, 4k is a must.

Again: SD 400 is fine, for 269€. Not 399€. (And even this price point is harder to justify if you consider that in Germany BASE sells the 930 for 299€!)

4k video is coming with lumia denim. Definitely only for sd800 devices only.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-28-2014 05:05 AM
    Low end WP s don't crash. I've had my 620 for over a year and a half, and have never experienced a crash. Moot point. 99% of the readers of this site disagree with you.

My 620 has crashed plenty of times, but not as much or as bad as my galaxy ace 3. Even my iPad has been crashing more than both of them since 8.03. Nobodys perfect. But WP crashes the least. At least in my experience.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-28-2014 05:08 AM
    I never said that I didn't like Windows Phone, I merely wanted to say that not having Windows Phone 8.1 isn't a con of any device.

Having it, could be a con though(just saying).
    not really
    09-28-2014 05:09 AM
    then dont come to wpcentral if you love android so much
    go to android central and post such things
    newsflash i dont want to be part of the common crowd rather be different,thats how most of us bought a windows phone
    Yo, stop being blind to the fact that the moto G is selling more than any other windows phone in the market. It's doing way better than the 520. Android isn't laggy if you have the right device.
    techiez likes this.
    09-28-2014 05:12 AM
    Depends on the application. I love browsing image sharing sites like 9GAG and Imgur.

The 9GAG app for the most part is a nice application, but occasionally playing a .gif would totally make my phone hang and/or crash.

Imgur has no official app, but it's third party client called Imgura is terrible. Opening a large image would always crash the app, the feed wouldn't show the latest photos.

Atmosphere Weather was an app that I saw featured on WPCentral, it would always crash on start up.

Even more annoying is the fact that when an Android app crashes, it simply crashes and you can proceed to opening it again or do something else.

But all hell breaks loose when a WP app crashes, the UI itself also reloads, making you wait more than a few seconds for your phone to actually reload the entire thing.

Tapatalk would reload the page each time I would post something, and if the message I was typing would be too long the phone would come extremely slow.

Not to mention that if you scroll too fast in myTube, or in the WPcentral comment section, or in the Whatsapp app the content in the screen completely dissapears.

And then I would often see the dreaded "resuming" message more often than not. I would even see it for apps I just left, such as Tapatalk.

And OMG it was such a pain switching tabs in Internet Explorer.

No phone is totally smooth in the low end side, Android and Windows Phone are pretty much equal.
    I've used all of the apps you have mentioned, and have no such issues. Blame the developer if the app crashes, not WP. I use tapatalk and faced no such issues. As for the WPC app,I scrolled down the comments section of the Windows 9 article, no such"disappearing"issues.
    I don't find any problems switching tabs in IE 11. What are you talking about?
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-28-2014 05:14 AM
    Yo, stop being blind to the fact that the moto G is selling more than any other windows phone in the market. It's doing way better than the 520. Android isn't laggy if you have the right device.
    i never said no but this salmanahmad guy keeps trying to bring android into every post
    he has to comment on every thread,even if it doesnt concern any other os
    09-28-2014 05:15 AM
    I don't know about the rest of the world, but it sure didn't sell better than 520 in India. Here people buy crapsung devices more. Moto is new.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-28-2014 05:18 AM
    I've used all of the apps you have mentioned, and have no such issues. Blame the developer if the app crashes, not WP. I use tapatalk and faced no such issues. As for the WPC app,I scrolled down the comments section of the Windows 9 article, no such"disappearing"issues.
    I don't find any problems switching tabs in IE 11. What are you talking about?
    Yes, even I haven't got any problems. Some people are always hungry to criticize WP
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-28-2014 05:44 AM
    Dude your missing the point again and again, low end Windows Phones also lag and crash!

What games run ****ty on Android?
    No they don't, I have many friends using 520, 620, 720. They are more than happy using it & if I am not wrong, all these are 512mb ram phones, right?
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-28-2014 05:47 AM
    That's what, I am waiting for the right Android device which should never lag or should never get a virus.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-28-2014 05:51 AM
    That's what, I am waiting for the right Android device which should never lag or should never get a virus.
    I'm waiting for the windows phone that has 90% the top 100 apps used on android/ios
    techiez likes this.
    09-28-2014 06:02 AM
    I'm waiting for the windows phone that has 90% the top 100 apps used on android/ios
    It already has, it has more than 90% of top apps/games from android /ios. Not sure whether they are top 100 ot top 500.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-28-2014 06:05 AM
    You keep talking, my cousin has a Moto g, it lags. Many games run ****ty in Android, many androids even hang while running a game! I don't care what you think of WP. How old is Android & how old is WP? You just expect WPs share to increase from the snap of your fingers? WP came when Android had 75% market share. Its never easy to come up with your own os, when the other one is already ruling the world. Still WP is doing quite better.
    I never saw Moto G lag but I often see my Lumia freeze.
    Games are totally sh**t in compare to Android. Everyone complain about it.
    Games are very laggy and very poor perform in WP.
    If you go for best gaming experience
    then iOS offer superior gaming experience then Android and after that Window Phone comes.

So, when it comes to gaming performance Moto G is better than L830

"WP came when Android had 75% market share"

Wrong again.
    WP launched in last quarter of 2010 and at that time Symbian was the king and Android have only 25% market share.

Android smartphone market share up a staggering 22%, Symbian down 8% in Q3 2010 | BGR

Windows Phone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    colinkiama likes this.
    09-28-2014 06:07 AM
    nothing can ever take symbians place,no os will ever function the way symbian did
    android tries hard but cannot
    09-28-2014 06:15 AM
    Time to end this thread. The 730 is the same as the moto G. SD 400 & 1gb ram. 5mp front cam vs 2mp front cam. 8mp rear vs 6.7mp rear. 720p vs 720p. 5inch vs 4.7 inch. Sd card vs sd card. The 730 will definitely get a price drop. The 620 used to cost 220 now you can get it for 130. The 730 is a moto G for windows technically the 830 is supposed to be a phone with a balance of features and specs like the 820.
    techiez and D M C like this.
    09-28-2014 06:17 AM
    It already has, it has more than 90% of top apps/games from android /ios. Not sure whether they are top 100 ot top 500.
    Lol no.

nothing can ever take symbians place,no os will ever function the way symbian did
    android tries hard but cannot
    What could Symbian do that Android can't?
    colinkiama and D M C like this.
    09-28-2014 06:21 AM

Where is clash of clans, candy crush,never that Kim kardashian game isn't there. Official snapchat? Retrica? Official feedly? Yahoo weather. And most importantly, the Google app suite.
    techiez and D M C like this.
    09-28-2014 06:26 AM
    Low end WP s don't crash. I've had my 620 for over a year and a half, and have never experienced a crash. Moot point. 99% of the readers of this site disagree with you.
    Lumia 720 lags, even start screen is slow to load after some moderate use. and crashes now while playing games after wp8.1,
    D M C likes this.
    09-28-2014 06:30 AM
    you must b joking :D

As much as I love and support WP, I dont make such scandalous claims.
    D M C likes this.
    09-28-2014 06:32 AM
    Lumia 720 lags, even start screen is slow to load after some moderate use. and crashes now while playing games after wp8.1,
    not really,maybe your phone has some software issue or something(rare but not impossible)
    try a hard reset
    mine can even play san andreas with no lag
    09-28-2014 06:35 AM
    I don't know about the rest of the world, but it sure didn't sell better than 520 in India. Here people buy crapsung devices more. Moto is new.
    are you sure?
    Smartphone Market Share in India : Motorola Beats Nokia [Big Shifts] - NextBigWhat

one model Moto G being sold on one website - flipkart, overthrew Nokia from 4th place.
    D M C likes this.
    09-28-2014 06:35 AM
    Where is clash of clans, candy crush,never that Kim kardashian game isn't there. Official snapchat? Retrica? Official feedly? Yahoo weather. And most importantly, the Google app suite.
    I said 90%. I know that these apps/games are not available. But there was a blog in wpcentral that wp8 already has 90% of top apps/games from android/iOS. If you all don't read the blogs regularly, then its not my fault.
    09-28-2014 06:39 AM
206 ... 23456 ...