D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
it looks and feels rather cheap except for the back shell
camera quality is a joke
display isnt very nice
battery life is not great
overheating issues plague the device

Saying this much bad for L830 will bring nothing.
Atleast wait for the launch of this phone

tell me do these phones have a great polycarbonate body and great design or windows phone 8.1 or a pureview camera which blows most other cameras or excellent battery life or zero overheating issues?

my friends own the very phones you mentioned and are having loads of overheating and battery issues
the cameras are also not upto the mark despite being 8mp(?i think) , my 720 beats the cameras off both phones

Think whatever makes you happy.

because I know discussing with you will bring nothing.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
tell me do these phones have a great polycarbonate body and great design or windows phone 8.1 or a pureview camera which blows most other cameras or excellent battery life or zero overheating issues?

my friends own the very phones you mentioned and are having loads of overheating and battery issues
the cameras are also not upto the mark despite being 8mp(?i think) , my 720 beats the cameras off both phones

The thing is that sacrifices have to be made in places to reduce the cost, that is why the Moto G to you may seem like a less "beautiful" device however considering the price point, I find very little wrong with this device.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2014/09/26/motorola-moto-g-2014-review/

Great design is purely subjective.

And mentioning not having Windows Phone, isn't a con at all. Because, newsflash! Not everyone prefers Windows Phone over Android(very few do).

The new Moto G2 doesn't seem to have hearing issues according to what I've read, but heating issues are directly related to how heat is dispersed within the phones, I've seen backs of Lumia 930s warped because of excessive heat.

Battery life for most people, and reviewers is also great and the camera performs very well in good lighting.

The 720 has a 6.7 MP sensor with an f1.9 aperture, I am willing to admit that the 720 or probably beats your friend's phones in lowlight but it will most definitely lose in bright light, I can explain why if you want.

If you weigh the pros and cons of getting a Moto G2, versus spending extra to get an 830, I'm pretty sure the average customer or even for experts, the choice would be the G2.

with what poor quality hardware,after sales,bloated rom ,no source available for custom roms

If you think Xiaomi is bad, I don't like it either you could bring the Nexus 5 in the equation which is similarly priced to the 830 and blows it out of the water, in most if not all aspects.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
it looks and feels rather cheap except for the back shell
camera quality is a joke
display isnt very nice
battery life is not great
overheating issues plague the device

Still Motorola replaced Nokia to take 4th place in India with just one model, isnt that something? I have a lumia720, and I'm never going buy a moto g BUT I dont mind calling a spade a spade, Lumia 800 when launched was overpriced, lumia 720 I would say moderately priced at launch because the competition was similar or higher priced but now the game has changed. I'm sure pricing of 730 & 830 will kill it in India. moto g is a value for money.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
The thing is that sacrifices have to be made in places to reduce the cost, that is why the Moto G to you may seem like a less "beautiful" device however considering the price point, I find very little wrong with this device.

Motorola Moto G (2014) Review: The Best All-Round Budget Smartphone - Forbes

Great design is purely subjective.

And mentioning not having Windows Phone, isn't a con at all. Because, newsflash! Not everyone prefers Windows Phone over Android(very few do).

The new Moto G2 doesn't seem to have hearing issues according to what I've read, but heating issues are directly related to how heat is dispersed within the phones, I've seen backs of Lumia 930s warped because of excessive heat.

Battery life for most people, and reviewers is also great and the camera performs very well in good lighting.

The 720 has a 6.7 MP sensor with an f1.9 aperture, I am willing to admit that the 720 or probably beats your friend's phones in lowlight but it will most definitely lose in bright light, I can explain why if you want.

If you weigh the pros and cons of getting a Moto G2, versus spending extra to get an 830, I'm pretty sure the average customer or even for experts, the choice would be the G2.

If you think Xiaomi is bad, I don't like it either you could bring the Nexus 5 in the equation which is similarly priced to the 830 and blows it out of the water, in most if not all aspects.

^^you gotta be joking
the 6.7MP sensor can beat the Nexus 5 any day even in normal light
nexus 5 lacks an sd card slot and the 32gb variant is 30k in india,whereas the 830 is supposedly 24-26k like what the 820 was when it launched

Newsflash for you, most people dont even know what android is,its just poor marketing by nokia in india which reduced marketshare
tonnes of people bought windows phones after seeing mine because they were sick ad tired of android and iphone is overpriced
battery life on the nexus 5 and G2 are a joke,doesnt even last a day properly,my 720 lasts 1.5 days easily

as for aperture stuff you mentioned,well thats all on paper but the 1.9 does pretty well in normal light and its actually ultra sensitive sometimes but changing the white balance works each time
and i know what im talking about,my choice of course involves alot of photography stuff

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
have you ever used it?

yeah and its really overhyped and cheap feeling
the fact that it houses a SD800 is what is making people buy them but in reality the SD800 is the only good thing about it
after sales is a joke
even if you would have said one plus one instead of xiaomi id have still agreed a bit but xiaomi is an absolute joke on the whole

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Still Motorola replaced Nokia to take 4th place in India with just one model, isnt that something? I have a lumia720, and I'm never going buy a moto g BUT I dont mind calling a spade a spade, Lumia 800 when launched was overpriced, lumia 720 I would say moderately priced at launch because the competition was similar or higher priced but now the game has changed. I'm sure pricing of 730 & 830 will kill it in India. moto g is a value for money.

thats because of better marketing
they still air the nokia x ads instead of showing their better offerings in windows phones
moto g isnt that much of value for money material,lumia 720 takes that purely because of its camera and battery which remains rather unmatched overall
moto g has overheating and battery issues

my 720s camera sometimes even beats the 820(low light etc)
carl zeiss lens isnt a joke,its really what makes the lumia series stand out
just like sony and its exmor sensor

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
as for reviewers on most other sites,they arent dedicated enough to test battery life etc by using the phone 24/7
only mobile nations and pocketnow are dedicated enough to do that which is why their reviews are always trust worthy !

about lumia 720
it lost alot of quality in photos after amber and black update and is still not the quality of the portico update but the cyan update improves it alot

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...-quality-comparison-solution-downgrading.html

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...os-lumia-720-vs-lumia-920-vs-lumia-820-a.html

^proof about the 6.7MP sensor

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
^^you gotta be joking
the 6.7MP sensor can beat the Nexus 5 any day even in normal light
nexus 5 lacks an sd card slot and the 32gb variant is 30k in india,whereas the 830 is supposedly 24-26k like what the 820 was when it launched

Newsflash for you, most people dont even know what android is,its just poor marketing by nokia in india which reduced marketshare
tonnes of people bought windows phones after seeing mine because they were sick ad tired of android and iphone is overpriced
battery life on the nexus 5 and G2 are a joke,doesnt even last a day properly,my 720 lasts 1.5 days easily

as for aperture stuff you mentioned,well thats all on paper but the 1.9 does pretty well in normal light and its actually ultra sensitive sometimes but changing the white balance works each time
and i know what im talking about,my choice of course involves alot of photography stuff

Lololololololololoool.

You brought Nexus 5 into this equation again, I just mentioned it to compare it with the 830 but now you're gonna say that your 720 is better.

Lol, it's not not. Simply put. And it wasn't supposed to be, considering the price points.

But the Nexus 5 blows out the Lumia 920 in terms of photos according to what people have said in the WPCentral, your 720 stands barely any chance.

Moving on however, battery life is limited to the device you use it on. Not all Android devices have poor battery life, there are Android devices out there that can last for days.

The lower the aperture the less sharp images start to become, though they do collect more light. Considering that the Lumia 720 has a low megapixel count coupled with a low aperture, it'll excel in lowlight not bright light.

There was a similar scenario with the iPhone 5S and Lumia 925. Because the 925 had a f2.0 aperture, images came out less sharp.

Your 720 or even the 830 don't stand no chance against the Moto G2, especially considering the price.

A few things could be better but overall the G2 wins. And so does the Nexus 5 compared to the Lumia 830, it may not have an SD card but it has a better processor and display which easily justify the higher price.

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Apart from just the Snapdragon 800 processor, Nokia could have used a Snapdragon 600 or 615, or even the older Snapdragon S4 Pro all of them would've been better than the 400.

Snapdragon 600 is not being used by any companies for their mid rangers because it sucks battery life .
I think they used 400 instead of s4 pro because of Sensercore

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
A few things could be better but overall the G2 wins.

The 630 and the 730 are the same spec wise to the 830 but why is the 830 at a larger price point.?

It is because the additional features it brings to the table. Even the 730 beats the G2 in aspects like Screen, NFC , additional storage options, Camera etc.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
thats because of better marketing
they still air the nokia x ads instead of showing their better offerings in windows phones
moto g isnt that much of value for money material,lumia 720 takes that purely because of its camera and battery which remains rather unmatched overall
moto g has overheating and battery issues

my 720s camera sometimes even beats the 820(low light etc)
carl zeiss lens isnt a joke,its really what makes the lumia series stand out
just like sony and its exmor sensor

I have 2 720s n got 2of my friend s to buy the same. It was a good phone, 730 should have been brought much earlier to cash on its popularity. Yes it has good camera n battery but 512 mb ram sucks, 8.1lags so much that it reminds me of android 2.2s.

As for xiaomi Ive been using it for over a month, it gave me no problems, it has got solid builkd quality n hardware is good.

Coming to 820 when it was launched at26-27 there were no good sub 20k phones, the story is different now. 830 would nt suceed if priced above 22k

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree with u on marketing. It sucks ,posted abt it long back, they only concentrate on camera which is not a big deal, even small things as double tap to wake n glance need to be advertized

Last edited:

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Lumia line simply doesn't hv a phone to compete with moto gs n xiaomis, if they bring phones at similar price points they ll first hv 512mb ram n theresapps/games issue with that, if they bring 1gb ram(525) they ll remove front cam which become an issue even if ppl hardly ever use it. 530 is simply useless due to 4gb ram. If they want toi claw back marketshare they need 730 at 12k 830 at 20k. Festival season is close n there's no announcement of their(730;830) availability still

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
The 630 and the 730 are the same spec wise to the 830 but why is the 830 at a larger price point.?

It is because the additional features it brings to the table. Even the 730 beats the G2 in aspects like Screen, NFC , additional storage options, Camera etc.
It would be unfair to blast MS all out since price of 830 is not revealed yet in India however if its above 24k which it most certainly would be, then its "additional" features dont justify the double cost of it as compared to 12k moto g

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Lololololololololoool.

You brought Nexus 5 into this equation again, I just mentioned it to compare it with the 830 but now you're gonna say that your 720 is better.

Lol, it's not not. Simply put. And it wasn't supposed to be, considering the price points.

But the Nexus 5 blows out the Lumia 920 in terms of photos according to what people have said in the WPCentral, your 720 stands barely any chance.

Moving on however, battery life is limited to the device you use it on. Not all Android devices have poor battery life, there are Android devices out there that can last for days.

The lower the aperture the less sharp images start to become, though they do collect more light. Considering that the Lumia 720 has a low megapixel count coupled with a low aperture, it'll excel in lowlight not bright light.

There was a similar scenario with the iPhone 5S and Lumia 925. Because the 925 had a f2.0 aperture, images came out less sharp.

Your 720 or even the 830 don't stand no chance against the Moto G2, especially considering the price.

A few things could be better but overall the G2 wins. And so does the Nexus 5 compared to the Lumia 830, it may not have an SD card but it has a better processor and display which easily justify the higher price.

^^not true at all not one bit of it

the 920 is still the best low light photography phone yet and the nexus 5 doesnt even come close even in normal conditions
no one on wpcentral said nexus 5 was better,i remember that thread and everyone posted photos in that thread including me and everyone agreed the 720 ,820 and 920 beat the nexus 5
keep dreaming
you drag android into every thread for no reason and get bashed about it
im sure @psoham777 will also agree

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Lumia line simply doesn't hv a phone to compete with moto gs n xiaomis, if they bring phones at similar price points they ll first hv 512mb ram n theresapps/games issue with that, if they bring 1gb ram(525) they ll remove front cam which become an issue even if ppl hardly ever use it. 530 is simply useless due to 4gb ram. If they want toi claw back marketshare they need 730 at 12k 830 at 20k. Festival season is close n there's no announcement of their(730;830) availability still

still ive got friends who bought xiaomi phones,they ended up selling them because of issues with the handset and got moto g 2013 instead

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I have 2 720s n got 2of my friend s to buy the same. It was a good phone, 730 should have been brought much earlier to cash on its popularity. Yes it has good camera n battery but 512 mb ram sucks, 8.1lags so much that it reminds me of android 2.2s.

As for xiaomi Ive been using it for over a month, it gave me no problems, it has got solid builkd quality n hardware is good.

Coming to 820 when it was launched at26-27 there were no good sub 20k phones, the story is different now. 830 would nt suceed if priced above 22k

wp8.1 doesnt lag at all on my 720

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion