Why the Lumia 830 is not the same as the 630/Moto G

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
then dont come to wpcentral if you love android so much
go to android central and post such things
newsflash i dont want to be part of the common crowd rather be different,thats how most of us bought a windows phone
Yo, stop being blind to the fact that the moto G is selling more than any other windows phone in the market. It's doing way better than the 520. Android isn't laggy if you have the right device.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Depends on the application. I love browsing image sharing sites like 9GAG and Imgur.

The 9GAG app for the most part is a nice application, but occasionally playing a .gif would totally make my phone hang and/or crash.

Imgur has no official app, but it's third party client called Imgura is terrible. Opening a large image would always crash the app, the feed wouldn't show the latest photos.

Atmosphere Weather was an app that I saw featured on WPCentral, it would always crash on start up.

Even more annoying is the fact that when an Android app crashes, it simply crashes and you can proceed to opening it again or do something else.

But all hell breaks loose when a WP app crashes, the UI itself also reloads, making you wait more than a few seconds for your phone to actually reload the entire thing.

Tapatalk would reload the page each time I would post something, and if the message I was typing would be too long the phone would come extremely slow.

Not to mention that if you scroll too fast in myTube, or in the WPcentral comment section, or in the Whatsapp app the content in the screen completely dissapears.

And then I would often see the dreaded "resuming" message more often than not. I would even see it for apps I just left, such as Tapatalk.

And OMG it was such a pain switching tabs in Internet Explorer.

No phone is totally smooth in the low end side, Android and Windows Phone are pretty much equal.
I've used all of the apps you have mentioned, and have no such issues. Blame the developer if the app crashes, not WP. I use tapatalk and faced no such issues. As for the WPC app,I scrolled down the comments section of the Windows 9 article, no such"disappearing"issues.
I don't find any problems switching tabs in IE 11. What are you talking about?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Yo, stop being blind to the fact that the moto G is selling more than any other windows phone in the market. It's doing way better than the 520. Android isn't laggy if you have the right device.

i never said no but this salmanahmad guy keeps trying to bring android into every post
he has to comment on every thread,even if it doesnt concern any other os

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't know about the rest of the world, but it sure didn't sell better than 520 in India. Here people buy crapsung devices more. Moto is new.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I've used all of the apps you have mentioned, and have no such issues. Blame the developer if the app crashes, not WP. I use tapatalk and faced no such issues. As for the WPC app,I scrolled down the comments section of the Windows 9 article, no such"disappearing"issues.
I don't find any problems switching tabs in IE 11. What are you talking about?

Yes, even I haven't got any problems. Some people are always hungry to criticize WP

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Dude your missing the point again and again, low end Windows Phones also lag and crash!

What games run ****ty on Android?

No they don't, I have many friends using 520, 620, 720. They are more than happy using it & if I am not wrong, all these are 512mb ram phones, right?

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

That's what, I am waiting for the right Android device which should never lag or should never get a virus.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
You keep talking, my cousin has a Moto g, it lags. Many games run ****ty in Android, many androids even hang while running a game! I don't care what you think of WP. How old is Android & how old is WP? You just expect WPs share to increase from the snap of your fingers? WP came when Android had 75% market share. Its never easy to come up with your own os, when the other one is already ruling the world. Still WP is doing quite better.

I never saw Moto G lag but I often see my Lumia freeze.
Games are totally sh**t in compare to Android. Everyone complain about it.
Games are very laggy and very poor perform in WP.
If you go for best gaming experience
then iOS offer superior gaming experience then Android and after that Window Phone comes.

So, when it comes to gaming performance Moto G is better than L830

"WP came when Android had 75% market share"

Wrong again.
WP launched in last quarter of 2010 and at that time Symbian was the king and Android have only 25% market share.

Android smartphone market share up a staggering 22%, Symbian down 8% in Q3 2010 | BGR

Windows Phone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Time to end this thread. The 730 is the same as the moto G. SD 400 & 1gb ram. 5mp front cam vs 2mp front cam. 8mp rear vs 6.7mp rear. 720p vs 720p. 5inch vs 4.7 inch. Sd card vs sd card. The 730 will definitely get a price drop. The 620 used to cost ?220 now you can get it for ?130. The 730 is a moto G for windows technically the 830 is supposed to be a phone with a balance of features and specs like the 820.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
It already has, it has more than 90% of top apps/games from android /ios. Not sure whether they are top 100 ot top 500.

Where is clash of clans, candy crush,never that Kim kardashian game isn't there. Official snapchat? Retrica? Official feedly? Yahoo weather. And most importantly, the Google app suite.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Low end WP s don't crash. I've had my 620 for over a year and a half, and have never experienced a crash. Moot point. 99% of the readers of this site disagree with you.

Lumia 720 lags, even start screen is slow to load after some moderate use. and crashes now while playing games after wp8.1,

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 720 lags, even start screen is slow to load after some moderate use. and crashes now while playing games after wp8.1,

not really,maybe your phone has some software issue or something(rare but not impossible)
try a hard reset
mine can even play san andreas with no lag

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Where is clash of clans, candy crush,never that Kim kardashian game isn't there. Official snapchat? Retrica? Official feedly? Yahoo weather. And most importantly, the Google app suite.

I said 90%. I know that these apps/games are not available. But there was a blog in wpcentral that wp8 already has 90% of top apps/games from android/iOS. If you all don't read the blogs regularly, then its not my fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss