Why the Lumia 830 is not the same as the 630/Moto G

Status
Not open for further replies.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
There is no app for glance on the play store. As for double tap to wake, That app works only by tapping the proximity sensor, lol. The OK Google app is very buggy . I've to say it multiple times to get it working, since obviously it is not made by Google itself. Device used-Canvas HD.

Dude first get a real Android device. Like Nexus or Moto phone.
No blootware & Vanilla Android experience.

and second thing
WP is only following Android footstep.
All the features which is available on WP now are available on Android more than a year.
and i bet all upcoming features on WP is also available on Android now.

and we are talking about L830 and Moto G.
Although that touch-less voice control isn't available on L830 & never going to be(which only available to L930 & L1520)
but it does exist on Moto G.(but not like Moto X)

Not only Moto G beat L830 in price, games apps but in features too

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

and second thing
All the features which is available on WP now are available on Android more than a year.

Although that touch-less voice control isn't available on L830 & never going to be(which only available to L930 & L1520)

You are saying exactly opposite, I have my friends who show me those live tiles apps, which look like wp, do you know how many of them are there? Forget about the number, every app lags like hell. Android copies features from WP. You don't have android home screen apps in WP, do we have? that's because wp doesn't need all those ****ty apps. & believe me there would be many such apps exactly a copy of WP feature. I almost forgot, the ios feel in android or the apps which make your android phone look like an ios? Has android spared any OS in copying?

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Lol I know that app, and it drains battery a lot. I've used it in 3 phones, battery down from 100 to 61-63 in one hour. And admit it, since its not a system app, it will drain battery more.
The Lumia 730 and 930 don't have glance because of low display memory, but an alternative is being developed by the Nokia engineers, as Daniel Rubino stated in a WPC article.

How can you have more than WP?
You don't have-
Live tiles
Inbuilt WordFlow
Inbuilt call+SMS filter
Inbuilt glance
Inbuilt double tap to wake
Official file manager
Lag free budget devices
Manual focus on camera
Cortana, which beats Google now by miles
Search for apps by typing, instead you have to scroll through grids and memorise the location of reach app
Apps which actually close when you press the back button. In Android when you press the back button the app keeps running in the background
offline maps and navigation
fm on high-end devices
Battery saver mode
Camera button with pocket to picture support
DATA sense
No option to scan and fix sd card
No cloud system setting and sms backup
You can't uninstall OEM apps
You can't have OS updates for every device on time.
No developer preview program
Apps are low in India
But I'll admit that you have-
4 million calculators, flashlights and other garbage clone apps
Mediocre cameras
Laggy devices
Resource and battery hungry OS. Show me a 512mb kitkat device.
Piracy at its best. Android = devs go hungry.
Fragmentation.
A keyboard that sucks big time.
Viruses and malware at its best.
And many more opinions, can't type them all.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

and second thing

The problem is, vanilla androids don't sell very well as compared to crapsung and other skinned devices. Since you guys go on popular opinion, let's judge it only on the most popular devices, shall we?crapsung vs Nokia Even tho I'm giving my opinion after using a vanilla Android device, canvas HD.
Touch less voice control is a gimmick,I find the camera button a more useful feature. And also, the 830 camera runs circles around the Moto camera, and has glance and double tap unlike the Moto g. There are a lot more points, but no use arguing with an Android sheep like you. I'd just be wasting my time. I've seen you bashing WP many times at wmpoweruser,too.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Android was created as a copy of ios, as apple didn't license it for use on non apple devices. The only mistake ms did was releasing wp 2 years after Android. If it had been reverse,I doubt that Android would even have existed. Android and ios have also copied WPs flat ui. Have you noticed that they removed shadows and reflections on Android? Source?WP.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
You are saying exactly opposite, I have my friends who show me those live tiles apps, which look like wp, do you know how many of them are there? Forget about the number, every app lags like hell. Android copies features from WP. You don't have android home screen apps in WP, do we have? that's because wp doesn't need all those ****ty apps. & believe me there would be many such apps exactly a copy of WP feature. I almost forgot, the ios feel in android or the apps which make your android phone look like an ios? Has android spared any OS in copying?

You are very much interested in keeping thread out of topic by raising these question again and again?
It's WP who is coping and catching up with Android and everybody know that even to but your fan pride isn't accepting that.

Even is 99.9% copy of Samsung Galaxy phones. Unlike you show you with proof
nofitication-center-samsung-galaxy-s3-vs-iphone-5.jpgwindows-phone81_allsettings_medium.jpg

and try this to keep topic between Moto G and L830 instead of Android vs WP.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
You are very much interested in keeping thread out of topic by raising these question again and again?
It's WP who is coping and catching up with Android and everybody know that even to but your fan pride isn't accepting that.

View attachment 82741View attachment 82742

Hahaha don't make me laugh. A notification centre? That was present long ago in Symbian. Try something else dude.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

and second thing

i have a real android device- nexus 5 and even a nexus 7 and i dont agree with you not one bit

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site

We'll there are launchers of Android 4.4 on Windows Phone, so there are people who would like to imitate Android on their Windows Phone but they can't because of Windows Phone's restrictive nature.

An iOS user would have some genuine reasons to argue with Android users over arguing about who copied who.

But Windows Phones? I mean when did you get a notification center equipped with power toggles? The ability to save content and apps to the SD card, file managers, double tap to wake, tap to beam, gesture typing?

In a few years you'll probably see interactive live tiles, proper lockscreen notifications, expandable and interactive notifications, double tap to sleep, 3rd party keyboards.

All courtesy of Android. :)

Lol I know that app, and it drains battery a lot. I've used it in 3 phones, battery down from 100 to 61-63 in one hour. And admit it, since its not a system app, it will drain battery more.
The Lumia 730 and 930 don't have glance because of low display memory, but an alternative is being developed by the Nokia engineers, as Daniel Rubino stated in a WPC article.

How can you have more than WP?
You don't have-
Live tiles
Inbuilt WordFlow
Inbuilt call+SMS filter
Inbuilt glance
Inbuilt double tap to wake
Official file manager
Lag free budget devices
Manual focus on camera
Cortana, which beats Google now by miles
Search for apps by typing, instead you have to scroll through grids and memorise the location of reach app
Apps which actually close when you press the back button. In Android when you press the back button the app keeps running in the background
offline maps and navigation
fm on high-end devices
Battery saver mode
Camera button with pocket to picture support
DATA sense
No option to scan and fix sd card
No cloud system setting and sms backup
You can't uninstall OEM apps
You can't have OS updates for every device on time.
No developer preview program
Apps are low in India
But I'll admit that you have-
4 million calculators, flashlights and other garbage clone apps
Mediocre cameras
Laggy devices
Resource and battery hungry OS. Show me a 512mb kitkat device.
Piracy at its best. Android = devs go hungry.
Fragmentation.
A keyboard that sucks big time.
Viruses and malware at its best.
And many more opinions, can't type them all.

First of all your argument was that a notification LED wasn't required because you have Glance, what about phones that don't have Glance?

Then you say Android has no apps like Glance and I show you one and you start to find faults with it.

Let me tell you, I've used for pretty long on my Nexus 5 and it hasn't impacted the battery life also it's way better than Glance and available to more phones.

Why would be need live tiles? We have homescreen and lock screen widgets.

Wordflow came from Android, obviously we have it.

Call+SMS filter isn't on all Windows Phones, and it's on Android phones but not all of them.

Double tap to wake came from Android goddamit. And there are devices that have it, the ones that don't is because of the battery usage issues.

Why would anyone need an "official" file manager? All of them do the exact same thing and not everyone needs or uses a file manager.

Lag free budget devices? loooool no, there are none to speak of. I'm totally willing to make a video of a 520 lagging in a week or two.

Manual focus is a feature to boast about? We'll then why can't I boast about Android phones having phase detection and laser autofocus?

Plus in Windows Phone 8.1 apps don't get suspended when you press back button, get your facts straight. But in Android apps do close.

Most of the rest of the stuff can also be found on Android.

And battery sense and data sense came first on Android, another feature that Windows Phone copied.

In the end, app devs don't go hungry on Android because of piracy. Even with piracy included they make more money on Android than on Windows Phone.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tristanlouis/2013/08/10/how-much-do-average-apps-make/

Moving on, we do have developer preview for Nexus devices and it's not like Nokia devices get timely updates how long did most people have to wait for Cyan?

And your last statement about 4 million mediocre apps...you are full of ****, no App Store has 4 million apps. Get your facts straight.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Oh and as far as 512 MB Kitkat devices go, KitKat is optimized for low memory devices.

OEMs just choose not to, Nokia choose to have 512 MB of RAM for it's low end devices and the result was that you can't play a lot of the games on the market, so how can you say Windows Phone is optimized for 512 MB RAM?

The Android keyboard, or *KEYBOARDS* because Android supports 3rd party keyboards are better than Windows Phone keyboards.

The current record for fastest typing was by a Flesky keyboard on an Android device.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

View attachment 82741View attachment 82742

did you know symbian,windows mobile and meego/maemo,palm/webos came before android and android "invented" the features which these older operating systems had for years
so technically windows phone didnt copy android,it copied symbian meego etc

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Oh and as far as 512 MB Kitkat devices go, KitKat is optimized for low memory devices.

OEMs just choose not to, Nokia choose to have 512 MB of RAM for it's low end devices and the result was that you can't play a lot of the games on the market, so how can you say Windows Phone is optimized for 512 MB RAM?

The Android keyboard, or *KEYBOARDS* because Android supports 3rd party keyboards are better than Windows Phone keyboards.

The current record for fastest typing was by a Flesky keyboard on an Android device.

keep dreaming if it makes you happy
512mb on android is living hell

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
did you know symbian,windows mobile and meego/maemo,palm/webos came before android and android "invented" the features which these older operating systems had for years
so technically windows phone didnt copy android,it copied symbian meego etc

No. Especially the notification center didn't originate before Android, especially not a notification center equipped with power toggles.

Rest of the stuff is true, Windows Phone did copy card based multitasking from WebOS and a dozen other features.

The person who designed the card based multitasking, later went to Android, his name is Matias Duarte.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
We'll there are launchers of Android 4.4 on Windows Phone, so there are people who would like to imitate Android on their Windows Phone but they can't because of Windows Phone's restrictive nature.

An iOS user would have some genuine reasons to argue with Android users over arguing about who copied who.

But Windows Phones? I mean when did you get a notification center equipped with power toggles? The ability to save content and apps to the SD card, file managers, double tap to wake, tap to beam, gesture typing?

In a few years you'll probably see interactive live tiles, proper lockscreen notifications, expandable and interactive notifications, double tap to sleep, 3rd party keyboards.

First of all your argument was that a notification LED wasn't required because you have Glance, what about phones that don't have Glance?

Then you say Android has no apps like Glance and I show you one and you start to find faults with it.

Let me tell you, I've used for pretty long on my Nexus 5 and it hasn't impacted the battery life also it's way better than Glance and available to more phones.

Call+SMS filter isn't on all Windows Phones, and it's on Android phones but not all of them.

Double tap to wake came from Android goddamit. And there are devices that have it, the ones that don't is because of the battery usage issues.

Why would anyone need an "official" file manager? All of them do the exact same thing and not everyone needs or uses a file manager.

Lag free budget devices? loooool no, there are none to speak of. I'm totally willing to make a video of a 520 lagging in a week or two.

Manual focus is a feature to boast about? We'll then why can't I boast about Android phones having phase detection and laser autofocus?

Plus in Windows Phone 8.1 apps don't get suspended when you press back button, get your facts straight. But in Android apps do close.

And battery sense and data sense came first on Android, another feature that Windows Phone copied.

In the end, app devs don't go hungry on Android because of piracy. Even with piracy included they make more money on Android than on Windows Phone.

How Much Do Average Apps Make? - Forbes

Moving on, we do have developer preview for Nexus devices and it's not like Nokia devices get timely updates how long did most people have to wait for Cyan?

And your last statement about 4 million mediocre apps...you are full of ****, no App Store has 4 million apps. Get your facts straight.

^^ all false
and those features android "invented".....
man you kids havent heard of symbian have you?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
No. Especially the notification center didn't originate before Android, especially not a notification center equipped with power toggles.

Rest of the stuff is true, Windows Phone did copy card based multitasking from WebOS and a dozen other features.

The person who designed the card based multitasking, later went to Android, his name is Matias Duarte.

dude you are 14 years old if im not mistaken
we older 90s kids have seen these "android-esque" features before android was even invented
damn guys we have to teach people about symbian and the older operating systems now
in the future people might mistake symbian for android(the horror)
android tried to be what symbian was(a true balanced market king OS) but it cannot ,too many flaws
cross platform apps were a breeze before android and ios(java etc)
i suggest you watch a documentary or something about the "symbian-era" or see symbian freaks forums youll get an idea of where android "invented" these features

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tristanlouis/2013/08/10/how-much-do-average-apps-make/

^^ All false. No use arguing with blind idroid sheep. Move on people. Nothing to see here. Thread closed.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Hahaha don't make me laugh. A notification centre? That was present long ago in Symbian. Try something else dude.

ok, if it is can you show me screen shot.
I wanna really see how much similar it was to Android.
Because as far as I know Android is the first OS which bring centralized notification center.

Anyway, that not my point.
My point is that WP copied notification Center which exactly look like Android.
This is what I called copy.

If today any OS bring tiles based UI, I bet every WP fan will claim that it's a copy of WP.
but we all know that tiles aren't invented by MS. yet.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
^^ All false. No use arguing with blind idroid sheep. Move on people. Nothing to see here. Thread closed.

Lol no use arguing with me?

You though Android has 4 million crap apps?

How much research have you done before spewing out random BS in support of your weak arguments?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Considering that textures and effects of games on Windows Phone are already much poorer than the Android/iOS counterparts(no offense), a beefier GPU could have alleviated some of the complaints of the Lumia 830.

While I would agree that the Snapdragon 400 itself can handle pretty much all tasks you throw on it, it comes with an Adreno 305 GPU.

If they had used a beefier GPU, such as the one used in the Snapdragon S4 Pro or Snapdragon 600, the Adreno 320, the 830 would've been a much better device.

Also add to that the fact that according to what I've read the Adreno 305 is half the power you would get on a 320.

It still wouldn't support features like Hey Cortana, but at least people wouldn't criticize it for having pretty much the same specs as the 630, at least in terms of the SOC.

WP only has poorer textures for low end devices to keep the FPS steady. Use a high end windows phone and the textures will be on par.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
On Android you don't see the resuming screen. The app either gets stuck, or just shows a black screen for a while and then opens. Same for ios. And as I said earlier, I've seen lots of Android phones that take 5 seconds to open the dialler. They don't show any resuming screen, just a grey background for 5 seconds and then items the dialler.
and those android devices are on 2.3. 4.0+ devices have animations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo