Looking for new Lumia 925 on T-Mobile

go1020

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
My friend is looking to buy a new Lumia 925 to use on T-Mobile. He sent me this link because it's the cheapest seller, but I'm not sure if this version is fully supported on T-Mobile: Nokia Lumia 925 (GSM Unlocked) - White 32 GB [A00011575] - $281.19 : Unlocked Cell Phones, GSM, CDMA, No-Contracts! | Cell2Get

All I know is that US version is RM 893. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Can you tell if the website above is selling the US version?

Any other comments or suggestions in purchasing this device are welcome. TIA!

mbhq

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like the Vodafone version if 32mb, which won't allow Lte, only way to know is to verify the bands etc.

heywhitmarsh

May 4, 2012
Visit site
The RM 893 from BH Photo Video will work perfectly with T-Mobile. It supports all the correct bands. Note that Wifi calling and tethering will not work on the phone unless you flash the T-Mobile ROM to the phone.

go1020

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
The RM 893 from BH Photo Video will work perfectly with T-Mobile. It supports all the correct bands. Note that Wifi calling and tethering will not work on the phone unless you flash the T-Mobile ROM to the phone.

Thanks! I don't think he'd like to flash the ROM. Are these features generally not available on T-Mobile Windows phone or is 925 special?

go1020

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

BTW, is flashing a piece of cake? Just curious.

Munter2

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
BTW, is flashing a piece of cake? Just curious.
Yeah, it's easy. The only thing that takes time is downloading the ROM and waiting for the phone to hard reset. I did post in another thread links to the software and instructions. I wouldn't wait for T-Mobile to push the software and since Cricket is giving you a hundred bucks to port your line to them from T-Mobile, there is even more incentive to dump Magenta.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa