What's the best deal I can get on a Lumia 1520?

brianjangima

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Had a HTC 8X, but now looking for a new Windows Phone and I think my mind's settled on the 1520. Just wanna know if anyone's got a heads up on a nice deal for one brand new unlocked one. 16/ 32 Gig doesn't matter.

Techno-guy

May 23, 2014
Visit site
B&H Photo has outstanding pricing, and very quick shipping and sells the 32GB 1520.3 (938) which is T-Mobile LTE compatible. $489.99 right now and it comes with an 8GB micro SDHC card.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
B&H Photo has outstanding pricing, and very quick shipping and sells the 32GB 1520.3 (938) which is T-Mobile LTE compatible. $489.99 right now and it comes with an 8GB micro SDHC card.

I do believe that B&H has a 3 month warranty over the 1 month warranty on the one for sale on Newegg too. Just something to think about if you are in the US as nokiaUSA will not service a lumia 1520.3 in the US if you have issues with it.

Techno-guy

May 23, 2014
Visit site
@dgr_874 - Wow...didn't even know that. Very good to know. Thanks. Especially since I just got one from them and I'm having proximity sensor issues. Not sure if it's hardware or software so good to have a bit of extra time to figure it out. Love the 1520 but it's really frustrating to have Glance, Double-Tap to Wake and other features not working properly from the get-go!

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Unless you reside in NY, the B&H offer is the best.

However, if you can wait a month, 1520 prices may lower further due to holiday sales or rumored new models.

DHHSMichael

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I just got a 1520 for $250 in mint condition off eBay, another guy on reddit said he was able to buy a good condition one from an eBay auction for $200. Just got to keep an eye open and jump on those good deals!

joeinbh

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I got mine from "Deal Fisher" on eBay. Advertised as refurbished, but I bought mine in "excellent" condition - and paid about a $20 premium over those advertised as "very good" condition - and it was flawless. Wrapped in the factory plastic, smelled new, etc. But for the lack of all the original packaging, I really wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the phone I got and brand new. You have your choice of colors (except green) for $300. If you don't like it, just send it back for a refund.

Over the years, I've had to put in a couple insurance claims on phones, and always got refurbs as replacements. I was never able to tell them from new and now that the U.S. carriers have effectively stopped subsidizing new phones (or are offering significant breaks on the cost of service for going unsubsidized - which is really exactly the same, in a glass-half-full-or-half-empty-sort-of-way), I can't see myself every buying a new phone again. I'm NOT recommending buying used phones from small sellers, but refurbs at nearly half the price (and a trustworthy warranty and return policy) from a carrier or mass seller of refurbs seems like a no-brainer to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett