I have the 830

Ploydd

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Man I can't wait to get this phone. Using a 928 now but I'm on AT&T, so I'm waiting to see if they'll get it sooner than the rumored Nov 7th. If the ebay version can get LTE though, I'm going to be purchasing that one quickly. Wireless charging plus LTE = heaven lol.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine delivered (from TrueDigital on ebay), setting it up now. Appears to get AT&T LTE in NYC -- and somehow my **** poor job of cutting my sim card to fit actually worked.
830 has a microSIM? Guess who's going to get it to replace his 630?

How well does Wireless Charging work on the phone? And, how hard of a hit does it take while acting as a hotspot?

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Come on one of you owners, run the Basemark OS II benchmark and post the screenshot of the results will you.

:)

Sent from my Cherry Mobile Alpha Luxe

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine delivered (from TrueDigital on ebay), setting it up now. Appears to get AT&T LTE in NYC

Glad to hear about LTE working here. That's concern #1 checked off my list.
Have you tried Internet Sharing? That's concern #2 for me. Will ATT enable hotspot for phones not in their IMEI database?
Concern #3 is FFC and Skype video performance. I'm looking to replace my 920, which was "decent" at best for Skype video chat.
My last minor concern is just that I'll miss out on the "Hey Cortana" feature coming to the 1520, 930 and Icon.

vw1610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Oh man. Now I'm even more impatient to get my 830. I'm going to wait for the att variant as I'm a cricket customer and want every feature to work.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear about LTE working here. That's concern #1 checked off my list.
Have you tried Internet Sharing? That's concern #2 for me. Will ATT enable hotspot for phones not in their IMEI database?
Concern #3 is FFC and Skype video performance. I'm looking to replace my 920, which was "decent" at best for Skype video chat.
My last minor concern is just that I'll miss out on the "Hey Cortana" feature coming to the 1520, 930 and Icon.

I got one of the Truedigital 985s and Internet Sharing works on AT&T. FFC looks pretty good to me, but I'm no expert.

Only complaint is it doesn't have Denim--I'm loaded with Debian Red. Slightly worried I won't be getting any firmware updates.

humantic

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Here you go :) was just finishing cutting my sim and looks like I also am getting LTE although here it is pretty poor and I am constantly down to 2 or 3 bars.
wp_ss_20140929_0001.png WPBench20140929131314.jpg

Last edited:

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
... no overheat? Good looking pictures? Good sized screen that sounds good? Awesome battery life? Doing well despite being a dang PROTOTYPE?

Yup. I'm getting one of these.

HURRY IT UP, AT&T! I know you won't have the green right away, but I should be able to get a green back online... which'll look pretty sweet with the black siding, IMO.

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Can someone make a sticky thread about the 830 user review?
So I have been using this phone since Saturday until now. My previous phone was Lumia 820. Compared to the Lumia 820, the 830 is lighter and thinner. I almost forgot that I had the phone in my pocket because of its weight.
The screen is nice. I can fit more tiles thanks to its HD screen. For example on my Lumia 820 I can only fit one wide tile per row but with 830 I can fit one wide tile and one medium tile in the same row. Sunlight readability is good and an important feature to me because I live in a country where we get sunshine all year long.
The phone comes with a handy feature like a step tracker integrated so you don't need to wear fitbit band or similar things.
Am not someone who plays games on mobile phone because of the small screen but I have tested some games like Asphalt 8, Bejeweled Live + and Gravity Guy 2. They ran smooth. Asphalt though took a slight delay when loading.
Camera is nice but I am not really a camera guy. But I think it took better pics at night.
Some apps not fully optimized. Whatsapp comes to my mind, opening a picture gallery through Whatsapp (when you want to forward a picture through Whatsapp) took some time because when I opened the built in photo app it was faster.
That's all I have for now.

Edit: Whatapps picture gallery opens faster now. Maybe it was indexing my pictures yesterday after I installed an update (developer preview).

Last edited:

mijacs

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
The FFC picture has it. Although it is weird that the regular pictures are 8MP. The benchmarks are about what I was expecting as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb