I have the 830

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I have been using it since Saturday. Bought the set from Singapore. Flipboard comes preinstalled. So far happy, no reboot or any major problem so far.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
How is the front camera from reading the specs I saw a 0.9mp front cam and got pissed off ...can u post a couple front cam shots

How is the battery life so far?

How does it compare to the 635 and the 92x phones?

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
It is supposed to have Glance and double-tap to wake. Why wouldn't it? Just because some guy's prototype didn't support Glance?

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes. It has glance. Battery life is good so far. It has been 8 hours and I still have 53%. I use moderately for texting, calling and whatsapp. I will try to find suitable pics to post.

odklizec

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I have been using it since Saturday. Bought the set from Singapore. Flipboard comes preinstalled. So far happy, no reboot or any major problem so far.
Hi,

Do you think you could somewhere upload the 830 PDF guide? It should be pre-installed on your 830. I don't understand why it's still not available at the MS 830 web?

Thank you in advance!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm also interested to see how the front facing camera performs as well, as a point of reference the 820 has a 0.3 mp VGA FFC whereas the 720 has a 1.3 HD wide angle FFC.

So from that perspective both respective phones have had their FFC's upgraded.

odklizec

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
According to the FAQ, there is no more PDF, instructional videos replaced it.
I think these videos hardly cover everything? User guide PDF may not be pre-installed on the phone, but I'm sure there will be PDF available at web. It's not here yet because of this annoying "coming soon" status ;)

OK this is what says 830 FAQ about PDF user guide:
Each Lumia device has its own product-specific support site which has an online user guide. The online user guide is a full user guide including FAQs and links to how-to videos. The online user guide is divided into categories such as Get started, People and Messaging and so on, and by clicking the category tiles you can access the actual instructions.

In addition, all the Lumia device owners have pre-loaded offline user guides in their device in the Lumia Help+Tips app. In the sales package they have a printed user guide which includes at minimum the getting started instructions such as how to open the backcover and insert the SIM card (depending on the product-specific HW). Note that the contents of the printed user guide varies between regions according to the regional requirements and local consumer legislation.
So you may indeed be right about non-existing PDF for 830. But this would be a pretty strange move.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Pics or I don't believe you.. come on man.. you're officially the ambassador right now.. You should be flooding the forum with hands on info.. c'mon man. lol

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I was hoping I would be able to buy it in Singapore as it has been launched prior to my trip. I went to The Shoppes @ Marina Bay only to find out the Nokia store there has closed down.

Anyhow, it was only recently that it became available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro