8.1 Availability: When and How?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I haven't heard of any Icon that doesn't have this delay, or doesn't need multiple clicks to be awaken. I'd say less than 10% of the time it wakes up instantly.

It seems to be intermittent for me. Like right now I just woke the phone and it came up almost immediately (about a second). But it had only been asleep for a couple minutes. Other times, after it's been asleep for a while, it will take a few seconds to wake. I use the Lockmix app and THAT could be a factor (I've seen other posts alluding to that). It could also be tied to how long the phone has been in standby mode. Especially, if it is connected to a Wi-Fi network. After a certain period of time, to conserve battery in standby, it doesn't seem constantly check for Wi-Fi connectivity; so upon waking it has to recheck to see if Wi-Fi connection is still available before waking the screen, instead of checking after waking the screen.

arbyjr

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I haven't heard of any Icon that doesn't have this delay, or doesn't need multiple clicks to be awaken. I'd say less than 10% of the time it wakes up instantly.
Mine wakes right up with only one click of the button, also the only time I had a problem with it being "busy" and having a delay when waking back up was when I had live lock screen beta installed. Then after I uninstalled that I thought it would go right back to normal, but the delay was worse, however I can't remember but the fix was posted on the discussion for that app on this site. I really can't remember but all you had to do was set one of the preinstalled apps to their default settings. I will look for that when I get to a real computer, right now I'm on the road.
But again right now i have absolutely no problems and there is no delay or no multiple clicks to wake my phone. Right before i installed the DP version of 8.1 i was having a problem with my contacts sync'ing with the VZW back up assistance server, and the Tech i was talking with had me do a hard reset, so right after that the first thing i did after hanging up with her was installed the developer preview. And all had been good...

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
As others have stated before the screen delay only happens when connected to some Wifi networks. My Icon wakes right up on cellular and at my works wifi, but does not wake right away on my home wifi.

arbyjr

May 22, 2014
Visit site
As others have stated before the screen delay only happens when connected to some Wifi networks. My Icon wakes right up on cellular and at my works wifi, but does not wake right away on my home wifi.
Yep, I understand this, but again I never have this delay problem with my phone, and I'm connected to Wi-Fi probably 99% of the time. Not always the same network but several different networks, during the week I'm normally connected to about 7 separate different networks all using different internet service providers and again no delay problem other than when i was using the live lockscreen app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb