Specific way of keeping the capacitive lights off?

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have any idea/ know of an app that can keep the capacitive key lights permanently off?

I've searched the forum, and a few people have suggested battery saver....but that only works when you're at 20% right?

My phone's being repaired at the moment for a different issue, so thought Id ask on here because it's been annoying me, especially at night.

Thanks in advance.

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
You can. Turn on battery saver, and check the option"Always".

Will this in anyway negatively affect the phone in terms of cpu/gpu performance? Or does the battery saver simply stop some things from running in the background? Can I still have my display brightness as high as I want?

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Will this in anyway negatively affect the phone in terms of cpu/gpu performance? Or does the battery saver simply stop some things from running in the background? Can I still have my display brightness as high as I want?
I may be wrong, but I read somewhere on the forums that on battery saver mode, the frequency of the ram,gpu,cpu etc are lowered and all the cores are shut down except one.
So yes, if you play heavy games on battery saver mode you'll notice a significant decrease in performance. But not during casual use like web browsing, phone calls, Facebook, etc.
Yes? All background processes are stopped unless you manually change this from battery saver. Yes, you can have your display brightness as high as you want.

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Settings-> Display->Battery Saver Brightness -> ON/OFF
Reduces screen brightness when batter saver is active.

I have the full battery saver application OFF, I do not use it at all. This open however, is only for the display. It will keep the capacitive keys off at all times to save on battery. When I turn this feature off, it is the only time i have lights on my capacitive keys. Also, keep in mind, this is what ties to the purple/green color shifts on the display as it does this to save on battery by adjusting the brightness.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I may be wrong, but I read somewhere on the forums that on battery saver mode, the frequency of the ram,gpu,cpu etc are lowered and all the cores are shut down except one.
So yes, if you play heavy games on battery saver mode you'll notice a significant decrease in performance. But not during casual use like web browsing, phone calls, Facebook, etc.
Yes? All background processes are stopped unless you manually change this from battery saver. Yes, you can have your display brightness as high as you want.

I don't have any performance hit when I'm on battery save mode. I always use it when I know I will have a long day out and huge usage. Only Whatsapp I need to make the exceptions. Battery Save Mode works great for me, easily 20% more battery efficency.

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Turn on the battery saver and then Settings-> Display->Battery Saver Brightness -> turn itON

You don't need the actual battery saver application enabled, the Settings-> Display->Battery Saver Brightness-> ON option will shut down the capacitive keys regardless if the battery saver application is turned on for all times or only when you hit 20% or not at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes