How do you hold your 1520 for 1 hand use?

flapadlr

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
The reason for this thread is that I can't reach the back, Windows or Search buttons while using my 1520 with 1 hand. There are plenty of times I don't want to type anything, I just want to use one of those buttons and poke around on the phone.

I have tried hooking my pinky finger under the bottom of the phone for stability but the phone is too top heavy or put another wasy my fingers are not long enough to keep it stable.

Am I missing a special salute? :) Or should I stretch my fingers?

Is this a common issue?

​Ivan

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
like this i can just reach back & home key with my thumb, but if i need to reach stuff at the top of the screen i go 2 handed

index.jpg

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Unless you have a big hand then I don't think you should use one hand for a phablet.
Actually :)) I don't think you should use any phone with one hand for safety purpose :))

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Well sometimes I type with 2 hands, sometimes with 1, when I use wordflow keyboard. I agree a phablet is too big for many of them. I don't have huge hands but still quite comfortable to type with 1 hand.(I have 1320)

clitrenta

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I guess what I'd like to know is WHY people are consumed with using their phone one-handed? I never have and don't have a desire too. First off, it feels unnatural. I can't hold my phone as tight as I like to and still do what I want. Perhaps that's why people drop their phones all the time. If you hold it with one hand and type with the other, the chance of dropping it are much smaller I would think. Just sayin.......

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I hold mine with my pinky hooked under the bottom of the phone and my other three fingers fanned out on the back. My index finger is right on the flash LED. Keeps the phone fairly stabile and I can use my thumb to scroll, tap and use the Home and Back buttons. The apps I use most are pinned to the left side of the screen for easier reach. It also helps that I have a case that adds a bit of grip so the phone doesn't slide in my palm quite as easily.

Felix Bank

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Yep, my pinkie supports the bottom of the phone, 3 fingers spread over the back, and thumb everything, although I can reach the back button with a little adjustment. I'll use my other thumb if needed. When I use WordFlow I'll hold the phone with my thumb near the sim slot, index finger near camera lens, and the other three fingers on the other side of the phone. Then use my index on the other hand to slide.

Last edited:

Peter Harvey

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
The reason for this thread is that I can't reach the back, Windows or Search buttons while using my 1520 with 1 hand. There are plenty of times I don't want to type anything, I just want to use one of those buttons and poke around on the phone.

I have tried hooking my pinky finger under the bottom of the phone for stability but the phone is too top heavy or put another wasy my fingers are not long enough to keep it stable.

Am I missing a special salute? :) Or should I stretch my fingers?

Is this a common issue?

​Ivan
Unfortunately, with the 1520, I had to retrain myself to use two hands - which was no big deal...

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I have mine in the Kreusell Malmo cover case and I have my left hand pinkie finger between the camera button and the bottom corner of the case and my other three fingers gong up the case avoiding the power, and volume buttons and my thumb on the left side. I can use my left thumb to tap messaging outlook mail and calendar, and shift the phone over to the left to tap phone with my left index finger Those are what I use the most.

Peter Harvey

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Also, I've trained myself to place the 1520 on a resting surface eg table, as much as possible, rather than holding it, while operating the 1520.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Although I didn't have it for long, I was able to use it one-handed with no issues. It helps to have meat hooks the size of mine.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I guess what I'd like to know is WHY people are consumed with using their phone one-handed? I never have and don't have a desire too. First off, it feels unnatural. I can't hold my phone as tight as I like to and still do what I want. Perhaps that's why people drop their phones all the time. If you hold it with one hand and type with the other, the chance of dropping it are much smaller I would think. Just sayin.......

A lot of us started with Palm Treos and BlackBerries back in the day and it was very important to be able to use them with one hand because of the myriad navigational tools, scroll wheels, etc. It's not a fetish, it's just that old habits die hard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss