Bluetooth pairing

Rajat Malhotra

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
So I recently bought a new laptop with w8.1 and was wondering if its possible to pair my 520 with it in order to stream music from the phone to the laptop speakers....i tried doing it but the device does not stay connected....am I doing something wrong or is my phone not capable of what I want?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I had issues in the past with trying to pair my phone with my laptop on W8.1. The issue was the Bluetooth driver that comes with W8.1. I installed a different driver and it works fine now.

As for the streaming part, I have no idea if that will work.

Rajat Malhotra

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I had issues in the past with trying to pair my phone with my laptop on W8.1. The issue was the Bluetooth driver that comes with W8.1. I installed a different driver and it works fine now.

As for the streaming part, I have no idea if that will work.

I'm able to transfer files via Bluetooth, my question is just regarding the streaming part

Rajat Malhotra

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Oh, didn't get that from your post, I thought you were constantly disconnecting. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

How about Nokia Play To? That may work.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't play to for devices with dlna?.. And I guess u need to be on the same wifi network, I'm talking about Bluetooth here

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes I know you're talking Bluetooth. I was just suggesting an alternative. W8 has DLNA built in. You just need to enable it. Yes you need to be connected via WiFi.

You may need an app for what your want to do. Not sure.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Are you using the built in Bluetooth in W8.1? I'd really recommend downloading the BT stack and software from whatever vendor you may be using. Usually Broadcom. Honestly, it's a lot better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa