WP 10 for the Lumia 925?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
First of all, search. It's a hotly discussed topic.

Second. WE DON'T KNOW. We can only speculate until we have official information. In this person's opinion, I'd think yes, but we have no shortage of pessimists and optimists on these forums.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
No one can answer this question except Microsoft. They have not yet revealed if WP8.1 phones would be upgradeable to WP10. But its highly speculated that it will be available for all WP8.1 devices. I'm sure if MS wants to remain in the business it will happen. Only time will tell so for now sit tight and enjoy WP8.1. :smile:

ReconVirus

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Source? Microsoft has not stated anything on the fact of Windows 10 and phones.

Windows phone users didn't get a windows phone 8 update...

Pretty sure windows phone 10 will need some type of hardware requirements that's early windows phone 8 devices don't have present.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Windows phone users didn't get a windows phone 8 update...

Pretty sure windows phone 10 will need some type of hardware requirements that's early windows phone 8 devices don't have present.

Aside from some carriers that are still "testing" the update, which windows phone users didn't get the windows phone 8 updates?
Microsoft has said that the hardware requirements are not changing. I can see if they cut out the 512mb devices from the Windows 10 version, but the 1gb devices should have more than enough power to handle it. Any newer hardware, like the sensor cores or new sensors, screens, etc, would be enabled with new versions, and those features simply won't be available on devices that don't support that specific hardware. Much like Glance is only supported on devices with display memory...

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Aside from some carriers that are still "testing" the update, which windows phone users didn't get the windows phone 8 updates?
Microsoft has said that the hardware requirements are not changing. I can see if they cut out the 512mb devices from the Windows 10 version, but the 1gb devices should have more than enough power to handle it. Any newer hardware, like the sensor cores or new sensors, screens, etc, would be enabled with new versions, and those features simply won't be available on devices that don't support that specific hardware. Much like Glance is only supported on devices with display memory...
He means window phone 7.8 to 8.x

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
He means window phone 7.8 to 8.x

That was a change from the CE kernel to the NT kernel. Which DID have specific hardware requirements to be met. 8 to 10 is still the same NT kernel environment, just updated to support newer hardware and better aligned with the rest of the hardware lines (tablet, desktop/laptop, xbox, etc).

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
That was a change from the CE kernel to the NT kernel. Which DID have specific hardware requirements to be met. 8 to 10 is still the same NT kernel environment, just updated to support newer hardware and better aligned with the rest of the hardware lines (tablet, desktop/laptop, xbox, etc).

I know. Just pointing out that the update he's referring to is not under "testing" as you said.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Can we get windows phone 10 in Lumia 925?

So, pretty much, if everything goes well, which I'm thinking it will, then yes.

This isn't another Windows Phone 7.x to 8, which Microsoft did state they wouldn't do again for a long time to come.

Also, a dual core computer can run Windows 8, so I'm thinking a dual core can run Windows 10. ;)

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So, pretty much, if everything goes well, which I'm thinking it will, then yes.

This isn't another Windows Phone 7.x to 8, which Microsoft did state they wouldn't do again for a long time to come.

Also, a dual core computer can run Windows 8, so I'm thinking a dual core can run Windows 10. ;)

very poor analogy, but i hope for the best, otherwise a lot of WP users are going to be pissed off.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
very poor analogy, but i hope for the best, otherwise a lot of WP users are going to be pissed off.

From what I understand, WP10 won't be available for the first half of 2015... Even if it's available in early H2, it will still be outside the 2 year policy under which MS promises updates for all devices that launched with WP8 (except the Icon?). 2 years is the standard support time, even for Android and their Nexus devices... We shouldn't have very high hopes for an update.

Munter2

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
From what I understand, WP10 won't be available for the first half of 2015... Even if it's available in early H2, it will still be outside the 2 year policy under which MS promises updates for all devices that launched with WP8 (except the Icon?). 2 years is the standard support time, even for Android and their Nexus devices... We shouldn't have very high hopes for an update.
Windows 8 support was changed to 36 months: Microsoft increases Windows Phone 8 support lifecycle, teases upcoming enterprise update | Windows Phone Central

Parazels

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I don't believe Microsoft will support the Nokia 925 as nice as the newest quad-core devices. They probably will make some minor updates like WP 7.8. This way you won't be able to blame Microsoft they don't support the device at all.

I am predicting Microsoft will say the WP 10 is optimized specially for quad-core devices since all the last models have such a processor. By the way it may be truth and Nokia n30 owners will appreciate this decision.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't believe Microsoft will support the Nokia 925 as nice as the newest quad-core devices. They probably will make some minor updates like WP 7.8. This way you won't be able to blame Microsoft they don't support the device at all.

I am predicting Microsoft will say the WP 10 is optimized specially for quad-core devices since all the last models have such a processor. By the way it may be truth and Nokia n30 owners will appreciate this decision.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

Well you can already see some of it happening. What Denim exclusive features is the 925 getting? Heck, even Cyan didn't bring the screen tint calibration and audio settings that it was meant to. We're pretty much receiving pure OS updates at this point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb